Louis Vuitton World Tour Zippy Wallet Stolen :(

ddchicago85

Mar 14, 2016
I am super sad that over the weekend one of my favorite wallets was stolen from inside my bag. For a split second i turned around with bag in cart and boom it was gone. I did not notice until I started getting fraud calls from chase, bank of america, US Bank, and PenFed for extreme activity on credit cards.

Luckily I had my DL and a few cards in a pouch in a pocket so i wasn't sol. But they still got away with 15 cards, a state id a check book and the wallet.

Here is something that I love though about American Express, they will replace the cost of the stolen wallet if it was purchased within 90 days of theft and with a police report. So I have the police report and original LV sales rec. and filed the claim. I am pretty sure I will get my $997.00 dollars back for the stolen wallet.

I am torn on replacing it with the same one, its available on the LV website or just not getting another as I have about 7 LV wallets and 3 Chanel ones. I also dont want to not have the ability to get that wallet again down the road as I love the world tour and eventually it will be gone.

Moral of my story, keep an inventory of whats in your wallet, take a picture of the inside so you can see whats inside and use your american express if you can because they are great with theft, loss or damage claims for up to $50,000.00 a calendar year.

I am super sad that over the weekend one of my favorite wallets was stolen from inside my bag. For a split second i turned around with bag in cart and boom it was gone. I did not notice until I started getting fraud calls from chase, bank of america, US Bank, and PenFed for extreme activity on credit cards.

Luckily I had my DL and a few cards in a pouch in a pocket so i wasn't sol. But they still got away with 15 cards, a state id a check book and the wallet.

Here is something that I love though about American Express, they will replace the cost of the stolen wallet if it was purchased within 90 days of theft and with a police report. So I have the police report and original LV sales rec. and filed the claim. I am pretty sure I will get my $997.00 dollars back for the stolen wallet.

I am torn on replacing it with the same one, its available on the LV website or just not getting another as I have about 7 LV wallets and 3 Chanel ones. I also dont want to not have the ability to get that wallet again down the road as I love the world tour and eventually it will be gone.

Moral of my story, keep an inventory of whats in your wallet, take a picture of the inside so you can see whats inside and use your american express if you can because they are great with theft, loss or damage claims for up to $50,000.00 a calendar year.

Aw. So sorry this happened to you. But great advice.

Reactions: jancedtif
thank and the karma thing, so true!!! dealing with the fraud is beyond annoying but at least its simmered down now and I have everything locked up.

But seriously, these big wallets that hold so many cards, take photos so u know whats inside and save yourself the headache of which one is gone, especially if you are traveling.

Reactions: juicygirl82
I am so sorry! That is horrible! I have had my cart stolen before when I turned my back. Luckily, I had my purse on my shoulder. That is awesome American Express is willing to pay for the wallet.

I submitted the claim today along with police report and receipt and story of events. No police report or incident report no dice. They haven't approved it yet but I'm sure they will.

Aww sorry to hear it happen to you I know how it feel having my groom wallet was stolen I didn't realize it hours later when I needed it to pay for something [emoji24][emoji24][emoji24]