Louis Vuitton will repair my bag for free, but...

Poppy penny

Oct 19, 2019
Hi LV lovers:

I emailed Louis Vuitton regarding my uneven patina on my speedy b 30. They want to change out all the outside leather on my speedy b 30 for free, super nice of them! But I am also very concerned about the whole repair thing...

Have you gotten your bags repaired by LV? Where do they repair it? I live in US, and they send me a shipping label to CA... One main thing I’m worried about is that the bag was made in France and has the stamp on one side of the bandolier. And I really love that since I bought it in Paris late last year. It’s sentimental to me. When they swap out the leather pieces, will they replace it with the “made in France” stamped bandolier as well??

Please help. I’m super nervous about the whole repair thing... but it bugs me if I don’t get it repaired.

Thank you!

I had my Pochette metis sent in for repair. The CA shipping label is Ontario, California near Log Angeles where their repair factory is. Regarding the made in vachetta I read someplace that they replace with same where it originally made. this is just repair.

Last edited:
I had my Pochette metis sent in for repair. The CA shipping label is Ontario, California near Log Angeles where their repair factory is. Regarding the made in vachetta I read someplace that they replace with same where it originally made. this is just repair.
Thank you! You gave me some confidence. I also just called LV customer service a few minutes ago, the client rep said all their parts are shipped from France. I have “a good chance” of having a strap stamped “made in France”. But the rep also said it may not be a guarantee... It would be super odd if they didn’t match it, since the date code was a MIF bag.

Thank you! You gave me some confidence. I also just called LV customer service a few minutes ago, the client rep said all their parts are shipped from France. I have “a good chance” of having a strap stamped “made in France”. But the rep also said it may not be a guarantee... It would be super odd if they didn’t match it, since the date code was a MIF bag.

I’ve had the vachetta replaced on two USA bags (a Speedy and an Alma) and they both came back with Made in France stamped vachetta.

Reactions: Poppy penny
Oh interesting! Then it’s like they would just give you a new/another bag.
That's not what the person on the thread said. It was her bag, but all the vahetta was changed out, including the date tag, because that was vachetta too. You can use the search function to find out what other people have said about changing vachetta.

I read on this forum that the stamping and even the date code was changed to reflect new vachetta.
That's not what the person on the thread said. It was her bag, but all the vahetta was changed out, including the date tag, because that was vachetta too. You can use the search function to find out what other people have said about changing vachetta.
Thanks ! This repair will have many possible outcomes then. Hope they will do a great job.

Reactions: KimTX