LOUIS VUITTON vs GUCCI vs BURBERRY [-the handbags-]]

LadyInLVOE

Aug 2, 2010
...in the running towards becoming The World's 'Next' Top Bag Brand 2011 :yahoo:

Which brand(bag) do u think will still have the power to look as good as new after 10years of 'service'? Arrange in the particular order, 1) being the best brand and 3) the brand(bag) being the least likely to stay in good shape. :nuts:

My oldest LV is 7 years, and still great (no missed stitching or anything). Just a darker handle. So I will say:

1. LV
2. Burberry
3. Gucci (especially the fabric ones - it wears and gets dirty very easily)

Gucci used to be very good. I have a Gucci doctor bag that is 35 years old and is still beautiful. But they have really changed. I think LV is best, followed by Burbrrry, then Gucci. That said, Burberry is made in China now and I can't say I loved any of their styles in the last 5-10 years.

1 lv
2 Burberry
3 gucci

I have a gucci bag from 6 years ago and the seams started pulling apart after 2 years of on and off use. A rivet also fell out and when I took it to gucci for repair it came back and the new rivet was pushed in unevenly so it looks a little funny.
My lvs r great, I haven't seen any wear n tear from them like how that gucci is.

My oldest LV is 7 years, and still great (no missed stitching or anything). Just a darker handle. So I will say:

1. LV
2. Burberry
3. Gucci (especially the fabric ones - it wears and gets dirty very easily)

^^Although it depends a lot on which models, I agree this is generally true.