LOUIS VUITTON vs GUCCI vs BURBERRY [-the handbags-]]

1) LV
2) Gucci--own them for 2.5ish years now, and used them for school, dates, hangouts with friends...still going strong
3) Burberry-cousin's burberry went kaput within a yr of buying it

LV...then Burberry....then Gucci. I love my LV bags, my Burberry bags have held up great. I love their designs and durability. I'm over my Gucci already, after 6 months of owning it I was done. It's been in its dust bag for years. So sad.

This thread is a nonsense, I have 40 year old luggage and bags from all 3 brands and they are beautiful and everyday-usable. If people don't like Gucci original mono-fabric there are the other 90% of their bags to choose from.

LV (ebene stays nicer longer because there is no vachetta)
Burberry (second only because usually the colour is lighter and subject to colour transfer from dark clothes)
Gucci (if the uncoated cloth, I've seen some really grubby ones)

This thread is a nonsense, I have 40 year old luggage and bags from all 3 brands and they are beautiful and everyday-usable. If people don't like Gucci original mono-fabric there are the other 90% of their bags to choose from.
Totally agree!! I am living proof. I own two Gucci LEATHER bags that are indestructable! They are like iron. I wear them in snow, rain, sunshine and hail. They are my two workhorses. Also, one cannot compare a canvas coated plastic bag to a leather bag but again, my leather Gucci's can withstand every bit as well as any LV! :P ... and in my opinion, I prefer the feel of gorgeous leather to plastic any day!

I will not say anything about Burberry because I have never bought a bag from them. They outsource and it just made more sense when I am spending insurmountable funds to buy one that I know was crafted in Italy. At least I'm overpaying for something. :cool:

I will never purchase a Gucci product again. After 6 months of use, the canvas on my gf's $1500 handbag has shown significant breakdown. We brought the bag to the Gucci boutique I purchased it, and they said there's nothing they can do. "The canvas bags are prone to wear and breakdown, and the breakdown of the bag after 6 months is considered NORMAL WEAR."

I asked them to produce a warranty, but the sales rep told us that the 1 year warranty is applies only to hardware, and does not cover the canvas.

It's absolutely embarrassing to have a $1500 handbag succumb to wear after 6 months of use. I walked out of the Gucci boutique, 5 doors down to the Louis Vuitton boutique and purchased a Sistina GM. The sales rep at LV guaranteed that if that were to happen within 6 months of their bag, they will replace it with a brand new bag. Gucci will never get my money again.

1. LV
2. Gucci
3. Burberry

Although I've never had Burberry, but:
- my friend's Burberry wallet (only 6 months old) got cracks on it.
- my brother's card holder (less than a year) also got cracks.

As for LV vs Gucci :
I have mono mini LV (discontinued, but similar with mono Idylle) for 7 yrs, and still looks great. There is no obvious jeans color transfer and no cracks on the leather surrounds it yet.
While my medium tote Gucci of 4 yrs, has changed color from the jeans color transfer.
I asked the LV store SA, she said that it's because LV bags are coated against color transfer / water. Although the coats will run out in time, but it makes LV able to hold its original look longer than Gucci.

...in the running towards becoming The World's 'Next' Top Bag Brand 2011 :yahoo:

Which brand(bag) do u think will still have the power to look as good as new after 10years of 'service'? Arrange in the particular order, 1) being the best brand and 3) the brand(bag) being the least likely to stay in good shape. :nuts:

Itd be really neat to have a poll for this question.;)