louis Vuitton virgins?

llevy037

Dec 8, 2016
Anyone else a Louis Vuitton virgin?

What's your unicorn?

Are you planning to buy new or preloved?

I'm a Louis Vuitton Virgin..

I can't decided between the Neverfull mm damier Ebene, speedy 30 damier Ebene or alma bb damier ebene or monogram.

I also can't decide wether I want to buy preloved or brand new!

I would love to read your responses ❤️

Reactions: LoVe
If I were an LV virgin I would buy the neverfull first. Buy the bag that you know you will enjoy using the most. If you like hand held bags more than get the speedy 30. It took me awhile to figure out that I like tote bags. I have the Speedy 30 and the Alma pm but I use my neverfull more and my duomo hobo more because they are big enough to hold all my stuff and good for work and everyday. So consider use, size, comfort, user friendly, do you deal with vachetta or buy Damier Ebene, do you like handheld, shoulder bag, tote. BB, PM, MM, GM? Good Luck!:wave:

I'd go for speedy30 because it's classic timeless, good size and never go out of style and because that was my first LV bag. :smile: I still love my speedy but after I moved across the world I found my lifestyle has changed. I need more hand free bag hopping on and off the trains and chasing my kid so I moved on to shoulder bag and alma bb. So I'd say it depends on your lifestyle, if you're young and worry-free, I vote for speedy30 DE. If you're commuting to work, I vote for alma bb DE. I wouldn't mind preloved in good condition if you can save some money. Good luck! Welcome to LV world. :smile: xx

Last edited:

What's your unicorn?

I can't decided between the Neverfull mm damier Ebene, speedy 30 damier Ebene or alma bb damier ebene or monogram.

I would love to read your responses ❤️

I bought a preloved bag, a few years old but saved myself nearly £300 which is a lot for a student! I bought the speedy 30 in the dammer ebene, and i love it! I considered buying the neverfull but disliked the fact you cant properly close it. If i could justify buying brand new i would have, but when i seen the savings i would be saving i decided it would be silly. Hope you get the bag your after ❤️

Reactions: llevy037
Good question. I'm a little older and have collected numerous bags. I still have some designer bags that considered vintage. I have EVOLVED (lol), and have become a little wiser with spending my money. What worked for me 20 years ago doesn't work as well today. In the past couple years I have become a FUNCTION over form fanatic in search of a perfect bag. If I'm going to spend thousands, I better love the bag.

If I were a virgin I would probably start with pre-loved to figure out what works for me. Believe me, you will find something wrong* with every bag. If you buy new and change you're mind and want to sell, you will lose a lot of money in the first couple of years. The depreciation sort works like with cars. If you walk out of the LV store with a $2500 bag plus tax, and down the road aren't 100% happy, you can probably sell it for $1900. That can be almost $1,000 loss if you consider the tax and all.

If you buy a pre-loved bag for $800, you can probably resell it quickly for the same amount. People in the pre-loved community are willing to only pay a certain amount for pre-loved bags, no matter how new/old.
If you buy pre-loved you can figure out what style works for you, and even if pre-loved bags are not your thing, you can sell it without losing much money and get yourself a NEW one because you'll know in advance what you love. Just make sure you get them authenticated, first.

I'm a little older too and have only recently come to appreciate certain luxury goods, including handbags. I don't like larger bags, much preferring crossbody styles. I'm seriously tempted to try the Pochette Accessoires as my first buy, it's not too big or expensive and I can have it in the classic mono canvas. Only thing holding me back is that the canvas strap is out of stock online at the minute, I'd love to be able to buy them together! I'd also like a zippy compact wallet- I wonder if having 2 mono canvas pieces would be too matchy matchy?? All advice gratefully appreciated!

My first was a mono Speedy 30 @ boutique over a decade ago. I later added a DE Neverfull many years later and love both. (Love Alma in epi, mono has too much vachetta for me) The ones you named are all different bags so I would go to the boutique to try out the Speedy, Neverfull and Alma to see which one fits your lifestyle the best. On buying new or pre-loved, make sure you do your homework on pre-loved and buy from a reputable seller. I was too intimidated to buy pre-loved when I first started but now some of my pieces are. GLD- and tell us what you end up getting! :smile:

If I was a virgin I would consider a few things such as my personal preferences (such as do I normally prefer shoulder or hand held bags...look at the type of bags you've been using for the last couple of years, regardless of brand), lifestyle (do I carry a lot of things or what will be my plans 5 years from now i.e. mommy bag, travel, etc.), my environment (does it rain a lot or is it naturally dry and sunny), etc. before deciding on a bag. You can't really go wrong with any of the designs you're interested in but I personally would lean towards DE as the print since it's considered to be more worry-free than vachetta in terms of resisting stains/watermarks and it doesn't patina...it's also far easier to clean and sanitize.
As for buying pre-loved or brand new, that's also a matter of personal preference and can also depend on the bag you want and it's popularity. If you find yourself leaning towards a Speedy then you can find several online for a very reasonable price (although it can be buyer beware in terms of research, careful scrutiny, and authentication) but some bags, such as the NF, hold their resale value very well and it's often just worth spending the extra couple of hundred dollars to buy brand new.

What's your unicorn?

I would love to read your responses [emoji173]️

I bought my first LV brand new as I wanted the full experience and have bought one preloved since (the rest brand new).

My only advice really is to be open minded - I originally saved up for and went in to buy a Neverfull Mono and walked out with the Estrela in mono/noir - it made my heart flutter! I also decided I wanted something with a zip. So just go for the one that makes your heart flutter and will work for you [emoji4] whether it be brand new or preloved.

The funny thing is I always said I didn't fancy a bag in DE as had only really seen online and wasn't fussed - now I am totally obsessed with DE after seeing IRL. Is defo my fave canvas by far. So don't rule anything out :smile:

I bought my first LV in March 2015 and it's been a slippery slope! Now have Estrela in mono/noir, speedy B 25 DE, speedy Amazon in noir/digital blue (though won't be mine for much longer), Montaigne in noir empreinte (pre-loved) and Kensington bowler in DE as well as various illustre bag charms (why do they make them so pretty!? [emoji30]) My absolute faves are my DE canvas bags [emoji178] though love them all!

Oh and I also bought the Caissa wallet with RB lining preloved quite recently - was brand new but managed to get half price as it was hot stamped inside - luckily 2 of my initials but I would have bought even if not! So you might find a bargain out there [emoji1360]

At the moment I intend to now only buy preloved LV - the price hikes have been too eye watering for me! There are some fab preloved bags out there [emoji4][emoji4][emoji4]

Good luck in finding your first bag - I warn you it is addictive [emoji23] I'm always wondering what my next purchase will be...gets me through my working day [emoji23]

Let us know how you get on [emoji108][emoji92]

Last edited:
I just recently bought my very first Louis Vuitton last November. I've just been working so hard and I felt that I needed to finally reward myself. I got the Neverfull mm Damier Ebene and I love it! There are two ways you can wear it and it really never gets full! :nuts:

BTW! once you lose your LV virginity you're just going to keep buying moooore! It's only January and I've purchase my 3rd LV piece :doh:.

Good luck finding your first one! :heart::heart::heart:

Reactions: snoop.rules