Louis Vuitton Victoire Issues, ADVICE NEEDED

BagsOnBagz

Nov 9, 2019
I am recently on my 3rd LV Victoire in noir over the last month. The first one had a dull spot like something rubbed against the calfskin on the front. The second one had a scratch that was significant enough on the monogram canvas for me to return that one as well. The third one I did store pick up. Everything major is fine on it, but I noticed on the stitching on the left side of the bag that both sides of the middle piece have a stitching error where it skipped a hole or something and looks like a long stitch. I’m just in shock... I mean I want this purse so bad. I don’t know if I’m being too picky because I know these are hand made. I just feel like the quality control is ridiculous for this price. I have attached pictures of all 3 bags. These were all bought brand new and directly from Louis Vuitton. Should I return the third bag...? I mean I can live with it I think... its more of the principle to me though. 8F431676-EB57-45E1-A5D2-025A615CBA6B.jpeg

Attachments

• AFF94504-266F-42BB-BB9F-D5AC7D7C2C2E.jpeg
    AFF94504-266F-42BB-BB9F-D5AC7D7C2C2E.jpeg
    175.2 KB · Views: 270
  • F0D76E6A-0229-4258-B167-AF80ED061667.png
    F0D76E6A-0229-4258-B167-AF80ED061667.png
    870.3 KB · Views: 273
Last edited:
That third pic would not bother me. Maybe they doubled over on a stitch. It’s not perfect but it is also hand made. Oftentimes that is what I like about handmade pieces. Unless it compromises the integrity of a piece or visually screams to be noticed I don’t worry about it. You’re paying for humans to stitch these and I feel that human error is inevitable. But it totally depends on whether you can live with it. If it will bother you, return it.

Thank you both! I do love the bag and I’m happy with it, so I will keep it! :smile: I usually don’t analyze every little thing, I only did because of the first 2 bags having obvious issues on the front.

I am recently on my 3rd LV Victoire in noir over the last month. The first one had a dull spot like something rubbed against the calfskin on the front. The second one had a scratch that was significant enough on the monogram canvas for me to return that one as well. The third one I did store pick up. Everything major is fine on it, but I noticed on the stitching on the left side of the bag that both sides of the middle piece have a stitching error where it skipped a hole or something and looks like a long stitch. I’m just in shock... I mean I want this purse so bad. I don’t know if I’m being too picky because I know these are hand made. I just feel like the quality control is ridiculous for this price. I have attached pictures of all 3 bags. These were all bought brand new and directly from Louis Vuitton. Should I return the third bag...? I mean I can live with it I think... its more of the principle to me though. View attachment 4587928
Hi! I've just stumbled across this thread as I'm considering purchasing the Victoire myself. Can I just say, you have every right to be picky over a purchase like this, it should be absolutely perfect. However, I own several LV bags and although you are always told the stitching should be perfect on a genuine LV bag, in reality it isn't always. I own a PM in cherry Berry empreinte leather, where the colour of the blue glazing has everso slightly bled into the stitching - and I bought this from store. I hope you're loving your Victoire - let me know! X

Hi is it normal as well that the front leather that hold the clasp does not attached to the flap totally as well? Cos upon closer look it’s kinda weird .

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    148.2 KB · Views: 15
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    121.8 KB · Views: 14