Louis Vuitton Victoire Issues, ADVICE NEEDED

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. #1 Nov 10, 2019 at 8:45 PM
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2019 at 9:05 PM
    I am recently on my 3rd LV Victoire in noir over the last month. The first one had a dull spot like something rubbed against the calfskin on the front. The second one had a scratch that was significant enough on the monogram canvas for me to return that one as well. The third one I did store pick up. Everything major is fine on it, but I noticed on the stitching on the left side of the bag that both sides of the middle piece have a stitching error where it skipped a hole or something and looks like a long stitch. I’m just in shock... I mean I want this purse so bad. I don’t know if I’m being too picky because I know these are hand made. I just feel like the quality control is ridiculous for this price. I have attached pictures of all 3 bags. These were all bought brand new and directly from Louis Vuitton. Should I return the third bag...? I mean I can live with it I think... its more of the principle to me though. 8F431676-EB57-45E1-A5D2-025A615CBA6B.jpeg

Attached Files:

2. That third pic would not bother me. Maybe they doubled over on a stitch. It’s not perfect but it is also hand made. Oftentimes that is what I like about handmade pieces. Unless it compromises the integrity of a piece or visually screams to be noticed I don’t worry about it. You’re paying for humans to stitch these and I feel that human error is inevitable. But it totally depends on whether you can live with it. If it will bother you, return it.

hcook912 and LVLoveaffair like this.
  3. It does look like they doubled over on a stitch but that's totally normal in sewing. I wouldn't let it bother me. As long as the canvas has no issues, I'd keep it and enjoy it! :smile:

hcook912 likes this.
  4. Thank you both! I do love the bag and I’m happy with it, so I will keep it! :smile: I usually don’t analyze every little thing, I only did because of the first 2 bags having obvious issues on the front.