Louis Vuitton Vernis dilemma...

LuvChanel55

Jul 31, 2014
I have this Roxbury Drive in Perle and one side is perfectly clean and another has red stains. There's some red staining on the sides. I got if for like $250 on eBay a few years ago but never wore it. I tried selling it to Fashionphile but they only quoted me $110. I know you can remove stains from patent but does anyone know if there is anyway to make the stains lighter? Or is my only option getting it re-dyed?

AA1CCA44-558C-4DC0-9EA6-7D2E545FDF74_1_105_c.jpeg0B2F40DF-9FF0-4386-BDB5-EDC449BFF9B4_1_105_c.jpeg

I have this Roxbury Drive in Perle and one side is perfectly clean and another has red stains. There's some red staining on the sides. I got if for like $250 on eBay a few years ago but never wore it. I tried selling it to Fashionphile but they only quoted me $110. I know you can remove stains from patent but does anyone know if there is anyway to make the stains lighter? Or is my only option getting it re-dyed?

View attachment 4838905View attachment 4838904
Unfortunately there isn’t a way to lighten or remove the stains, I’ve had a lot of success dyeing Vernis slg’s but it’s more complex with a bag with vachetta. Do a search on the forum, there is lots of info on how to do it and colour options, equipment needed etc. I would advise only trying if you’re brave, otherwise use it as it is, or sell to fp.

Unfortunately there isn’t a way to lighten or remove the stains, I’ve had a lot of success dyeing Vernis slg’s but it’s more complex with a bag with vachetta. Do a search on the forum, there is lots of info on how to do it and colour options, equipment needed etc. I would advise only trying if you’re brave, otherwise use it as it is, or sell to fp.
Yeah I don't have the confidence to dye it myself :confused1:

Hello
I have a wallet this color and it got such red color transfer also. I don't know how, I found out when I took it out of the dust bag after long time no use. I've tried eraser and different stuff for cleaning and conditioning leather and it did lighten quite a lot. This way I got some black spots off also - looks much better now. I recently purchased a lot of LV wallets to fill my time during the restrictions and one was again the same color in not very good condition. I dyed it black and it worked quite well - it is not that hard but much more tricky than ordinary leather. But I never managed to get the shine as in the original one. So it is possible to redye it, but you may not get that good result if you do it by yourself.

I'll join @DreamingBeauty - you can wear it with the good side facing out if you like to keep the bag :smile: Or maybe use a sticker of some kind to cover it.

Here some pics before and after cleaning that spot. First is before, second - after (not very visible :sad: - its is hard to take pics although both are on daylight)
Edit: I added a third pic after where the the change is more visible ( don't know what happen to the second pic... but it is not that good so I will not upload it - sorry for all this but I don't like to delete)

20200616_145822.jpg

View attachment 4840598

20200907_084219.jpg

Last edited:
Hello
I have a wallet this color and it got such red color transfer also. I don't know how, I found out when I took it out of the dust bag after long time no use. I've tried eraser and different stuff for cleaning and conditioning leather and it did lighten quite a lot. This way I got some black spots off also - looks much better now. I recently purchased a lot of LV wallets to fill my time during the restrictions and one was again the same color in not very good condition. I dyed it black and it worked quite well - it is not that hard but much more tricky than ordinary leather. But I never managed to get the shine as in the original one. So it is possible to redye it, but you may not get that good result if you do it by yourself.

I'll join @DreamingBeauty - you can wear it with the good side facing out if you like to keep the bag :smile: Or maybe use a sticker of some kind to cover it.

Here some pics before and after cleaning that spot. First is before, second - after (not very visible :sad: - its is hard to take pics although both are on daylight)
Edit: I added a third pic after where the the change is more visible ( don't know what happen to the second pic... but it is not that good so I will not upload it - sorry for all this but I don't like to delete)

View attachment 4840597

View attachment 4840598

View attachment 4840607
OOO what cleaning products did you use?

oducts did you u
First I used eraser, but it didn't work. I read many posts how the employees will use eraser to clean such color transfer, but... not for me. Then I used HandbagClinic's leather care kit - the cleaner and the conditioner. After that I used Woly Creme Essentielle I got from a local shoe shop - it is a cleaning and conditioning lotion. From all products I used the Woly Creme Essentielle the most and I think it was the most effective of all. I stopped the rubbing after about 1h because I was afraid I will ruin the wallet - it is an old one but I still didn't want to ruin it.
The color transfer didn't disappear but it is much less visible, especially the spot up on the first pic, it is down on the second.

I'm honestly surprised they offered you anything. I saw someone on here successfully died their vernis a darker color, but I would take the money or credit if you plan to buy something else. The average buyer is not going to buy light colored vernis that's already damaged. It would be very difficult to make back what you paid.

Reactions: onlyk
First I used eraser, but it didn't work. I read many posts how the employees will use eraser to clean such color transfer, but... not for me. Then I used HandbagClinic's leather care kit - the cleaner and the conditioner. After that I used Woly Creme Essentielle I got from a local shoe shop - it is a cleaning and conditioning lotion. From all products I used the Woly Creme Essentielle the most and I think it was the most effective of all. I stopped the rubbing after about 1h because I was afraid I will ruin the wallet - it is an old one but I still didn't want to ruin it.
The color transfer didn't disappear but it is much less visible, especially the spot up on the first pic, it is down on the second.
Thank you! I'm thinking about putting a scarf on that side and hopefully cover most of it!

Reactions: ElenaAlex