LOUIS VUITTON SPEEDY BANDOULIERE 25 DAMIER EBENE:IS THIS A GLAZING ISSUE?

Speedyb25LW

Jun 9, 2020
Hi, I bought a Speedy B 25 in Damier Ebene back in August of 2019, after a few months of using it I started noticing that the glazing on the handles seemed to have marks in them. Well, I didn't think too much about it bc I thought it was normal wear (this is my first designer bag), however I recently gently wiped the glazing with a baby wipe and residue came off. I was shocked and it definitely has me concerned. I baby my bag to the extreme. I always wash my hands before I even pick it up lol. I received some comments saying that my glazing is melting. I am in a dilemma now. I've seen photos of peoples glazing melting and mine definitely doesn't look the same, however I've been told that it can happen slowly. Do I really have a glazing issue? Has anyone else experienced this or have any advice? TIA

Attachments

Last edited:
Jul 25, 2017
They have just uploaded :tup: okay, the little air dots are sort of normal (the bottom picture). The imprints (lines) from your hands or something does suggest your glazing is melting underneath the ‘top’ layer. I would take it to LV to get an exchange, this is not usual ‘wear and tear’ in my opinion.

Last edited:
Reactions: Speedyb25LW

BULL

Apr 19, 2015
Since the angle of the lines are uniform along the handle, it doesn't look like a production issue. But rather as if it was pressed against something with that pattern, even maybe a thicker piece of clothing.

LaDolceLaria

May 10, 2018
Ugh. I'm sorry...I would take it in once the stores open again. My first Speedy developed these crazy, deep cracks around the zipper after a year and a half and they exchanged it right away!

Reactions: Speedyb25LW

Speedyb25LW

Jun 9, 2020
They have just uploaded :tup: okay, the little air dots are sort of normal (the bottom picture). The imprints (lines) from your hands or something does suggest your glazing is melting underneath the ‘top’ layer. I would take it to LV to get an exchange, this is not usual ‘wear and tear’ in my opinion.
Yeah the air dots didn't bother me. They were there when I received my bag. Thanks so much for your help!

Speedyb25LW

Jun 9, 2020
Since the angle of the lines are uniform along the handle, it doesn't look like a production issue. But rather as if it was pressed against something with that pattern, even maybe a thicker piece of clothing.
I thought the same thing when I first starting noticing it. Maybe from a sweater. I thought it was normal wear as I'm not too familiar with LV and their glazing, but I didnt think it should get imprints or indentations from wearing it with thicker clothing!?‍♀

Speedyb25LW

Jun 9, 2020
I think you should contact LV customer service or wait until a store is opened (if they are closed due to COVID-19).
Thank you. I have emailed LV and they reached out and asked to send them more pictures. I'm nowhere near a boutique(closest one is 4 hours away) so, unfortunately I cant take it in to the store to get it looked at.

Moonlym

Feb 24, 2013
Thank you. I have emailed LV and they reached out and asked to send them more pictures. I'm nowhere near a boutique(closest one is 4 hours away) so, unfortunately I cant take it in to the store to get it looked at.
Any updates? As i am facing the same issues like yours. Thanks