Louis Vuitton ruined my wallet

thomasj93

O.G.
Jun 3, 2006
Hi guys,

I'm so upset right now and really need your opinion on what to do...

Last Christmas I got the Pocket Organiser in monogram and just like all my other LV items I wanted to get it hot stamped. I went to the store last night and showed them my "old" wallet and said I wanted it exactly the same. She filled in the paper and I signed believing she would fill it in so it would turn out the same. I had a strange feeling so called this morning to ask if they did it right since she was talking about "size 2" and the receipt said "size 1". Since size 2 is not possible on SLG's I thought it would be my own stress and it would turn out fine.

When I went to the store today to pick it up it turned out one size too big as a my other SLG's.... All the SA's and the SM said they could do nothing about it since I signed for it. I thought this was such a strange way of acting because you would expect from a brand on this level to do it the right way, especially when you show them an example.

Now I'm home with a wallet I'm not 100% satisfied with and already texted my regular SA about what happened and hopefully she will come up with a better solution...

Just wanted to blow off some steam

In my opinion it just looks way too big on the size of the cardholder and besides that I asked for another size..

Attachments

• 26828608_10215147282425768_2000210344_o.jpg
    26828608_10215147282425768_2000210344_o.jpg
    195.6 KB · Views: 1,616
On the one hand you officially signed for size 1, is that right? If so they can't blame you, precisely because they insist on your signature. On the other hand I do not understand why you did not react at the moment when the SA was talking about the wrong size. Anyway, I don't think the letters are too big but that's a matter of taste.

Reactions: Mayfly285
I think it looks nice but if you are not satisfied that is very unfortunate. How strange they didn't go through all the details with you personally to make sure it is exactly like you want it!

In my opinion it just looks way too big on the size of the cardholder and besides that I asked for another size..
I would return to the store with both wallets and explain that you told the SA you wanted exactly the same. But it’s tricky if you signed the stamping sheet. Good luck!

On the one hand you officially signed for size 1, is that right? If so they can't blame you, precisely because they insist on your signature. On the other hand I do not understand why you did not react at the moment when the SA was talking about the wrong size. Anyway, I don't think the letters are too big but that's a matter of taste.

I know I signed for the size.. On the other hand I expect an SA to fill it in the way you show them and you don't have to double check them. I know it's a matter of taste as I prefer my initials a bit more understated

If you signed for a specific size and they did not do that size, then aren't they at fault? I don't know why the store manager would say they can't do anything about it because you signed for it. From my point of view didn't they fail their end of the contract you signed?

Reactions: Mayfly285
If you signed for a specific size and they did not do that size, then aren't they at fault? I don't know why the store manager would say they can't do anything about it because you signed for it. From my point of view didn't they fail their end of the contract you signed?
They filled in the wrong size as it was one size bigger compared to my old wallet. But because I showed my wallet as an example I didn't check the size they filled in and signed

They filled in the wrong size as it was one size bigger compared to my old wallet. But because I showed my wallet as an example I didn't check the size they filled in and signed
Oh I see :sad: I didn't realize that from your post. That sucks as now the paperwork works against you. I hope your regular SA will be able to do something about it.

I think it looks nice but of course the only opinion that matters is yours.

I'd be upset at their response too. How am I supposed to know what is "size 1" versus "size 2"? Did they show you a chart depicting the different sizes and numbers? Probably not, since you brought an example. They filled out the paper wrong. You only signed it because you trusted her to put the Same Size that was on your Old Wallet. If it were me, I wouldn't know the size she put was wrong even if I *had* looked over the paper Before Signing!

Side story: I've only ever had one item Hot stamped. The SA did it completely crooked. When he brought it back he tried to pass it off like Here it is! Let's wrap this up! And I was like it's crooked! Clearly crooked. He looked and said....yeah..... so even though I already paid for it (Rosalie coin purse), I said I didn't want it anymore. It was an uncomfortable situation, but I insisted on a refund. They didn't have another in stock and I didn't want them to ship me another without inspecting it first. And I couldn't go back to the store for quite a while, so I just said Forget it! (Besides, he was the one who offered to do it, it was never my intention to do hotstamping, since I'd never done it before. But he was like, it's nice! You should do it! So I agreed. But I shouldn't have.)

I think hotstamping is very nerve wracking. It all depends on whether the SA doing it is any good at it.

I hope your regular SA will fix it for you!

Reactions: Kmora