Louis vuitton returned/ empty box.help!!!!

Candy1981

Victorine wallet returned / they said it was empty
May 5, 2019
Hello, first excuse my english ..its my second language so it's a little wonky
So, I finally bought the louis vuitton victorine wallet. But of course glazing was horrible, so I decided to return and get another one.( it's always unavailable that's why i cant exchange )

So i shipped it June 11th and they received June 15th. I called them on th 17th to ask about my refund. They said they recieved the item but it will take 14 business days to refund.I know with things going on it will take sometime. So I waited called the 20th.
The CA online said the note on the ticket " recieved empty box" . I freaked out and asked , how, is it tampered? He cant tell me anymore information about it. And said I have to wait 14 days to open an investigation. I just cant believe it because I've been returning, exchanging before with no problems. I cant get sleep cause I feel like I got betrayed , those thieves!! I was thinking the ups store stole it cause they know me , I also send them my fashionphile sales etc..so I did some investigation my self. I brought an empty box , reciept, a leather wallet ( coach , estimated size of victorine.)
I went to the different ups store . I asked them to weigh.( same box that lv use, when I bought the key pouch)
Empty box with reciept= .30lbs
Box , with the coach wallet and the orange box and reciept. .75lbs

In my ups reciept it was .90lbs

Can you advice me on what to do? This never happened to me before

• Sad
Reactions: Phoenix123
Sorry I cannot advise as this (thank god) has not happened to me. What I will say is that i don’t ‘accept’ the seal on the return box. I literally bind mine in sellotape so that it would take some tampering to get the insides out! Sorry this does not help on this occasion but might be an idea going forward?

Sorry I cannot advise as this (thank god) has not happened to me. What I will say is that i don’t ‘accept’ the seal on the return box. I literally bind mine in sellotape so that it would take some tampering to get the insides out! Sorry this does not help on this occasion but might be an idea going forward?

I'm to scared of shipping online now

Reactions: toujours*chic

Same. I tape the box excessively.

I’ve returned LV via mail several times with no issues. Thank goodness. Maybe file a claim with your carrier?

Same. I tape the box excessively.

I’ve returned LV via mail several times with no issues. Thank goodness. Maybe file a claim with your carrier?
So I went to UPS and told me that LV needs to file a claim. I called LV told me I need to wait 14days for investigation. I cannot understand for why I need to wait. If I know this will happen I could have paid my own label with insurance and stuff.
Why cant they just refund me and they can wait for the claim to go through.
Evidently an empty box will only weigh .30lbs .in my reciept its .90lbs
I am so worried that they will not refund me. I've been buying from them online for years and never this happen.
Ugh so frustrating.

20200626_115539.jpg

I am taking a break from online purchases for this very reason. I have had heart-stopping experiences with both UPS and LV recently and they both blame the other for failures. These items are too expensive to have to worry about loss and theft. I wish it were not this way. Combine this with the really crappy and sub-par packaging and lack of pride in the way luxury items are handled, it is a no-brainer for me to step away.

I hope, hope, hope this is resolved quickly for you. I never like to advise contacting the cc but you can do this as well if things do not go your way. Let us know.

I am taking a break from online purchases for this very reason. I have had heart-stopping experiences with both UPS and LV recently and they both blame the other for failures. These items are too expensive to have to worry about loss and theft. I wish it were not this way. Combine this with the really crappy and sub-par packaging and lack of pride in the way luxury items are handled, it is a no-brainer for me to step away.

I hope, hope, hope this is resolved quickly for you. I never like to advise contacting the cc but you can do this as well if things do not go your way. Let us know.
You know, after 2 price increases ( I know this is not essential) but crappy craftmanship, reason why I had to return and go through this stressful process. I told my self never again , at least I'll take a break.
I thought of it , but I dont know how it works, I used paypal balance.

So I went to UPS and told me that LV needs to file a claim. I called LV told me I need to wait 14days for investigation. I cannot understand for why I need to wait. If I know this will happen I could have paid my own label with insurance and stuff.
Why cant they just refund me and they can wait for the claim to go through.
Evidently an empty box will only weigh .30lbs .in my reciept its .90lbs
I am so worried that they will not refund me. I've been buying from them online for years and never this happen.
Ugh so frustrating.

Honestly, I think you will be fine. I get that they can’t just refund as it would open them to lots of fraud if people realised they could ’easily’ send an empty box and still get their money back. You say you have a long history shopping with them, they will look at this and it will be in your favour. They HAVE to investigate although I get this is really frustrating and worrying for you. You have proof that your returned the parcel and ultimately it will be them who has to prove you did not send the item in the box (in the eyes of PayPal or your CC).

You gave me hope! That make sense, it's just frustrating and scares me to buy from them again,. Or just luxury items online. I guess with things going on it doesnt help . Yes I've been buying lv online since i dont have store close to me.
I'm glad I kept my reciept and it has an actual weight weight I shipped.
I think this is the sign that I need to take a break.

Does LV not have insurance on the return items? If it was tampered I would assume, it would be obvious that the box was opened before shipment.

Ive returned items twice (alma bb and zippy) and I wrapped the hell out of both boxes with tape.
Hopefully this gets resolved soon. You have your receipt so it should work out in your favor.

Thank you! And I really really hope so.. When I was on the phone with them they said they can't tell me anymore information cause all its says on the ticket is " empty box" . I've asked if its tampered or what ? I taped it very carefully and also put a paper inside to make sure it doesnt get damage cause it has an empty space . I put the sticker label on top. I emailed them with all of my pictures I took from ups. And also the weight in my reciept vs weight on empty box. Sigh I could have just kept it , it's just the glazing was so crappy

Thank you all so much for letting me vent and giving me advice . Sometimes I feel foolish when I buy this luxury stuff then get stressed out
Example: neonoe came In defective 2x lol then i get annoyed.
Spending this much I should be enjoying lol first world problem .

I will let you guys know what's the outcome.

* if this happened to you please advice to what I need to do and such.
You guys are amazing. This is my first time writing here cause I'm lost in a sauce.20200628_005959.jpg

Update : (for now) i was going to ho ahead and file a dispute through paypal after I gathered my evidence. Since they can tell me what going on about the package ( box is empty) that's all I know. I tried checking the tracking maybe I can get the actual weight on the shipment. And this is what I see. What's that mean??? Box is empty or damage? I'm so confuse

20200630_104431.jpg

I’m sorry this happened to you. i noticed when I got my Online items, LV always marks designer handbag on the UPS label which anyone can see as they r declaring item Through customs (US to Canada), so someone in Ups knows usually whats inside And unfortunately attract theft. I had three times shipped back and it was ok. Last two returns I brought it back directly to the flagship store Since safer that way even though it is far for me. I read another incident on social media someone had a Hermes item shipped By UPS to them and it came with no bag just empty orange box that was clearly damaged. theft On the rise since everything is transported now. It will be a long time to get it all worked out but wishing U the best!