Louis Vuitton Repairs Question

dcfungirl

Dec 17, 2018
Hi guys,

I am a longtime lurker and very thankful for the valuable information here. Honestly the information here is so good, I've never had to ask a question because I can always find my answer with the search feature.

However, this weekend I found myself a little confused and needed some answers. I am more of a Chanel and Gucci gal and don't shop much at Louis Vuitton. I do have a few Louis Vuitton bags, one being the Neverfull. My Neverfull was purchased in or around 2014. If you have one of these bags you're familiar with the wallet it comes with inside.

To be honest, I use the wallet more than I use the actual bag lol. I love it and you can definitely tell because the glaze is peeling off on one side. When I saw this I immediately stopped wearing it and stored it in my closet. Well this weekend I had some time on my hand and went to the Louis Vuitton store located in Saks to see if this wallet could be re-glazed.

I was more than willing to pay a fee, however, I was shocked when the SA came back and told me that they DO NOT re-glaze this item but I can toss it and purchase a new one. For a wallet that's 4 years old I found that quite strange. For the price of their products, you would think they would repair it for free. The SA was very apologetic and told me I could purchase a new one directly with her for $270.00 USD. Unfamiliar with their policy I agreed and she ordered the item for me and will call me when it's ready for pick up.

My questions are....

1. Is it normal for LV to push not re-glazing and having your the same item over again to make more money?
2. Did I do the right thing by just sucking it up and moving on with a new wallet?
3. Should I escalate this to upper management?

Thank you for reading.

I’m assuming you mean the flat pouch that comes in the neverfull? I’m surprised they wouldn’t reglaze it. I’ve had them reglaze slgs where the cost to reglaze was more than buying the item new. Some items might hold sentimental value and you want them repaired versus exchanged or bought new. I feel that repair option should always be there. Plus it’s more environmental... the buy it once and repair abilities of LV is a big selling point of the brand to me. Perhaps the pouch is considered an accessory and is in a different class in their computer system? Kind of like the luggage tags? That’s the only explanation I can think of but I’m by no means an expert so I hope others weigh in. But I’m really disheartened to hear this. In the future you could try another SA or another store before accepting what they tell you as it seems from these forums there’s a lot of inconsistency.

Reactions: fabuleux
Hi guys,

I am a longtime lurker and very thankful for the valuable information here. Honestly the information here is so good, I've never had to ask a question because I can always find my answer with the search feature.

However, this weekend I found myself a little confused and needed some answers. I am more of a Chanel and Gucci gal and don't shop much at Louis Vuitton. I do have a few Louis Vuitton bags, one being the Neverfull. My Neverfull was purchased in or around 2014. If you have one of these bags you're familiar with the wallet it comes with inside.

To be honest, I use the wallet more than I use the actual bag lol. I love it and you can definitely tell because the glaze is peeling off on one side. When I saw this I immediately stopped wearing it and stored it in my closet. Well this weekend I had some time on my hand and went to the Louis Vuitton store located in Saks to see if this wallet could be re-glazed.

I was more than willing to pay a fee, however, I was shocked when the SA came back and told me that they DO NOT re-glaze this item but I can toss it and purchase a new one. For a wallet that's 4 years old I found that quite strange. For the price of their products, you would think they would repair it for free. The SA was very apologetic and told me I could purchase a new one directly with her for $270.00 USD. Unfamiliar with their policy I agreed and she ordered the item for me and will call me when it's ready for pick up.

My questions are....

1. Is it normal for LV to push not re-glazing and having your the same item over again to make more money?
2. Did I do the right thing by just sucking it up and moving on with a new wallet?

Thank you for reading.
When you say "wallet", are you referring to the flat pouch that comes with the NF?

Hi guys,

My questions are....

Thank you for reading.
I think this is store dependent. I can’t speak to the exact same scenario but I did have a Neverfull with defecting glazing on the handles which I took to my local store and was told it cannot be regulated or repaired. I could only take store credit for something in stock. I didn’t want to do that Bc the bag has sentimental value. They said they understand they have another woman with the same bag who also doesn’t want to trade it and has just decided to keep it. I then took it to another store which did have a bag I wanted in stock, and they sent it out for repair.
I went back to my store a few weeks later to make a purchase and told them that they could have sent the bag for repair and they should remember that in the future for other clients with that bag and they were like”oh we know it’s always an option to send it for repair and see what they say.” Interesting that they don’t tell clients that...

Hello. Not sure if anyone will respond as the last post was December of 2018...I need advice on the cracked glazing on this Louis Vuitton Secret Long Wallet...I really want to make an offer on this beauty as I think it fits my organization needs...please and thank you for any feedbacks!! Also, being a preloved item, will Louis Vuitton stores fix the wallet w/o original receipt?

Attachments

• 4C58158C-41B0-4590-96E6-32D02FD8C8F5.png
    4C58158C-41B0-4590-96E6-32D02FD8C8F5.png
    687.8 KB · Views: 99
Hello. Not sure if anyone will respond as the last post was December of 2018...I need advice on the cracked glazing on this Louis Vuitton Secret Long Wallet...I really want to make an offer on this beauty as I think it fits my organization needs...please and thank you for any feedbacks!! Also, being a preloved item, will Louis Vuitton stores fix the wallet w/o original receipt?
Louis Vuitton will process repair requests as long as the item is repairable. No receipt required.