Louis Vuitton purchase limit (At least in the UK for now)

cpcp13

Feb 20, 2017
Hi
I just went to the store and tried to get some items. After they got my details and I was about to pay, the system refused it. As the SA told me they implemented a purchase limit on the Accessories/bags which is 3 items every 6 months due to a "stock shortage". Hope they will remove this limit soon.
I couldn't get my items in the end and I'm very sad to see Louis Vuitton heading towards Chanel's direction.
I have purchased more than 3 items during the second half of 2016, and they didn't say anything. I'm very very disappointed now.
BTW, no limits for the clothing/shoes/perfume etc.
Anyone had similar experience?

Last edited:
Wow I haven't but am surprised and disappointed to hear that. I wonder if it is only in the UK? Does that count for all bags including classics like speedies, neverfulls, artsys, etc?

Oh no... I've purchased more than 3 items in the last six months and haven't had a problem. I hope there's not a problem next time I try to order something. Did they say how long the limit will be in place? And does the limit include all SLGs and scarves?

Oh no... I've purchased more than 3 items in the last six months and haven't had a problem. I hope there's not a problem next time I try to order something. Did they say how long the limit will be in place? And does the limit include all SLGs and scarves?
They say the policy keeps changing. Maybe it's only for the UK, as Brexit, you know...
SLGs are definitely included, don't really know about the scarf. Sorry.
I'm wondering if it will work if I refuse to give my details. The system wouldn't know it's me, right?

They say the policy keeps changing. Maybe it's only for the UK, as Brexit, you know...
SLGs are definitely included, don't really know about the scarf. Sorry.
I'm wondering if it will work if I refuse to give my details. The system wouldn't know it's me, right?

Possibly, will they let you purchase without giving your details? Maybe you could get a friend or family member to put something through in their name if there's something you're after. I wonder if the limit is to do with people coming here to make purchases since the UK is cheaper than a lot of other countries, even after the price rises. It could just be that they're trying to make themselves more exclusive though I suppose.

Possibly, will they let you purchase without giving your details? Maybe you could get a friend or family member to put something through in their name if there's something you're after. I wonder if the limit is to do with people coming here to make purchases since the UK is cheaper than a lot of other countries, even after the price rises. It could just be that they're trying to make themselves more exclusive though I suppose.
I agree that they just want to make the brand more exclusive. As we can easily get around this limit by asking a friend/family to do the purchase for us. It's just a bit annoying.

Reactions: MJDaisy
I am surprised, never heard about that (I am French)... except for foreign customers (some people from Asia asked me to buy for us because they were limited)
I will ask my SA for France, perhaps it will change for French people top !

I am surprised, never heard about that (I am French)... except for foreign customers (some people from Asia asked me to buy for us because they were limited)
I will ask my SA for France, perhaps it will change for French people top !
I understand if the policy is for tourists. But they even have my local address in their system. I'm local :sad:

Hi
I just went to the store and tried to get some items. After they got my details and I was about to pay, the system refused it. As the SA told me they implemented a purchase limit on the Accessories/bags which is 3 items every 6 months due to a "stock shortage". Hope they will remove this limit soon.
I couldn't get my items in the end and I'm very sad to see Louis Vuitton heading towards Chanel's direction.
I have purchased more than 3 items during the second half of 2016, and they didn't say anything. I'm very very disappointed now.
BTW, no limits for the clothing/shoes/perfume etc.
Anyone had similar experience?
I've bought more than 3 items so far this calendar year and not had the same problem?