Louis Vuitton Price Increase Master Thread

I understand increases will allow LV to hold its value but doing multiple per year, every year is wack.

They should just stick to doing one large one per year or something, Lol.
Seems like they spread it out bc 25% at the time isn’t as impactful as 50% increase, which is essentially what happened with the PA in ~12 months

Seems like they spread it out bc 25% at the time isn’t as impactful as 50% increase, which is essentially what happened with the PA in ~12 months
Yeah, either way it's still not a good look.

I could understand if these select items were readily available AND there was good quality control..but LV is offering their customers neither to justify the price increases.

I think im finally done buying LV. I know I've felt this way with previous price increases but it's not enjoyable anymore at the prices theyre asking combined with the hard to get nature. These last few purchases were probably my last purchases from the actual boutique.

I just bought an alma bb for $1480 and it's now $1620. The world tour bumbag is now $2330. I bought it for $2190. I wanted to add a second pochette metis to my collection but the reverse version is now $2360!

*sigh

Last edited:
I think im finally done buying LV. I know I've felt this way with previous price increases but it's not enjoyable anymore at the prices theyre asking combined with the hard to get nature. These last few purchases were probably my last purchases from the actual boutique.

I just bought an alma bb for $1480 and it's now $1620. The world tour bumbag is now $2330. I bought it for $2190. I wanted to add a second pochette metis to my collection but the reverse version is now $2360!

*sigh

Same. I can say with 99% confidence that I'm done with new LV from the boutique, particularly bags and SLGs. Tiny chance I'll get a fragrance but I'd ask for it as a gift :coolio:

There's so much out there pre-loved, and sadly it's of superior quality and design much of the time.

Yeah, either way it's still not a good look.

I could understand if these select items were readily available AND there was good quality control..but LV is offering their customers neither to justify the price increases.
Unfortunately it’s looking like a vicious cycle bc people keep paying the scalpers. I refuse to go second hand above retail. I’ll stalk the website all damn day if I have to.

I agee that it’s a crappy thing to do. Mathematically I wonder if the price increases mitigate the customers lost per year…

Unfortunately it’s looking like a vicious cycle bc people keep paying the scalpers. I refuse to go second hand above retail. I’ll stalk the website all damn day if I have to.

I agee that it’s a crappy thing to do. Mathematically I wonder if the price increases mitigate the customers lost per year…

I completely agree. It’s wild how overpriced the second hand market is.

Reactions: Critzie