Louis Vuitton Pochette Métis Options!

Pursedesbenz

Jul 28, 2016
Hi there,

I’ve recently been eyeing the Pochette Métis and was wondering what were the most popular design options for it?

Also which one would you recommend? The leather options have a multitude of colours (wondering if anyone has experienced a lot of dye transfer on them, especially the creme/beige ones?)

What design holds their value the longest? I know the leather ones are slightly more expensive but are the canvas ones a better investment?

Thanks!! [emoji259][emoji259]

Hi there,

I’ve recently been eyeing the Pochette Métis and was wondering what were the most popular design options for it?

Also which one would you recommend? The leather options have a multitude of colours (wondering if anyone has experienced a lot of dye transfer on them, especially the creme/beige ones?)

What design holds their value the longest? I know the leather ones are slightly more expensive but are the canvas ones a better investment?

Thanks!! [emoji259][emoji259]
Obviously, a bag with a light-color leather will require more care than a black bag. As for resale value, do a quick online search and you will get a good idea of what the bags sell for today. Of course, the picture may change in a few months or years.

As a general rule, Monogram canvas is always very popular with second-hand buyers.

Finally, none of these bags are “an investment,” so my advice is to buy what you love the most and enjoy it for years to come!

Obviously, a bag with a light-color leather will require more care than a black bag. As for resale value, do a quick online search and you will get a good idea of what the bags sell for today. Of course, the picture may change in a few months or years.

As a general rule, Monogram canvas is always very popular with second-hand buyers.

Finally, none of these bags are “an investment,” so my advice is to buy what you love the most and enjoy it for years to come!

Thanks so much! After some pondering, I’m definitely thinking about the classic or reversible monogram (still torn) but I heard they’re difficult to get since they’re so popular. It’s sold out online and I feel like they won’t have it in stores as well but I’ll keep trying. Thanks again [emoji177]

I love my reverse PM. It is so different and don't have to worry about rain etc for vachetta. Only issue is that it is a two-tone so i try to wear simple color choices for my outfit when i use.

The classic mono and the Reverse PM hold their value best, but they are more difficult to get. There are also some common quality issues with the canvas versions which might be important for your decision. There are numerous discussions about this. I think I would get the black empreinte version, if I´d ever get another PM :smile: .

The classic mono and the Reverse PM hold their value best, but they are more difficult to get. There are also some common quality issues with the canvas versions which might be important for your decision. There are numerous discussions about this. I think I would get the black empreinte version, if I´d ever get another PM :smile: .

Yeah they weren’t available online when I checked and I’m doubtful I’ll be able to catch one in stores. I heard about the quality issues too. Is it that the bag deforms easily or is easily scuffed? What PM do you have now and how are you liking it? Thanks [emoji259]

I was thinking about how to style the Reverse. Good to know that you love it! I was hoping it’s not a “trendy” piece that you get bored of quickly. Thanks

I have the reverse and love it. I couldn’t get it out of my mind after first trying it 2 years ago. I think it styles well with almost anything. It’s the same color scheme as a regular monogram bag, after all.
I also have the noir and it is beautiful. This is the only style bag I have multiples of. It is just perfect for my current lifestyle.

I have the reverse and love it. I couldn’t get it out of my mind after first trying it 2 years ago. I think it styles well with almost anything. It’s the same color scheme as a regular monogram bag, after all.
I also have the noir and it is beautiful. This is the only style bag I have multiples of. It is just perfect for my current lifestyle.

That’s so good to know! I really hope I’m able to get it in the store. I also can’t stop thinking about it, but I’m not sure if I have to keep thinking about it because it’s only been a week since this obsession has started? I would definitely get the reverse, and if I like that, I would probably get it in the cream or pink. It’s just so exciting thinking about it hahaha [emoji177]

Reactions: LV_4ever
I have both the mono and empreinte in Beige Rose Creme. I had actually exchanged my defective mom for the empreinte last month, but missed the mono, so after stalking the website, was able to get one. They do pop up on the site pretty frequently...follow the What are you stalking? thread and there are updates quite often on it being available, which is how i was able to get mine.

Good luck!!

I was thinking about how to style the Reverse. Good to know that you love it! I was hoping it’s not a “trendy” piece that you get bored of quickly. Thanks
agree. I love to have empreinte (like noir) but i usually carry bunch of stuff so i don't use PM as often (except travel or weekends) to justify. I use SpeedyB all the time so i have 3 (DE, Empreinte, MWT mono with black leather trim).

Yeah they weren’t available online when I checked and I’m doubtful I’ll be able to catch one in stores. I heard about the quality issues too. Is it that the bag deforms easily or is easily scuffed? What PM do you have now and how are you liking it? Thanks [emoji259]

I don't own one, but a couple YouTubers I follow demonstrated the QC issues with theirs -- one had imperfect corners on the front of the bag, which the sales associate said was not a quality control issue (the YTer returned it anyway), and another received one with markedly crooked hardware on the front. It was the buckle so it was very noticeable. Just make sure if you do get one that you inspect it carefully. They look like very versatile bags which explains why the demand is so high.

I have both the mono and empreinte in Beige Rose Creme. I had actually exchanged my defective mom for the empreinte last month, but missed the mono, so after stalking the website, was able to get one. They do pop up on the site pretty frequently...follow the What are you stalking? thread and there are updates quite often on it being available, which is how i was able to get mine.

Good luck!!

Thanks so much for the advice! How was your mono defective?

agree. I love to have empreinte (like noir) but i usually carry bunch of stuff so i don't use PM as often (except travel or weekends) to justify. I use SpeedyB all the time so i have 3 (DE, Empreinte, MWT mono with black leather trim).

Speedy bandoulieres are also on my wish list since I do travel a few times a year, and usually for quite a long duration. I’ve only had regular Speedys but I think the strap would be perfect!

Reactions: Work_For_Purse
I don't own one, but a couple YouTubers I follow demonstrated the QC issues with theirs -- one had imperfect corners on the front of the bag, which the sales associate said was not a quality control issue (the YTer returned it anyway), and another received one with markedly crooked hardware on the front. It was the buckle so it was very noticeable. Just make sure if you do get one that you inspect it carefully. They look like very versatile bags which explains why the demand is so high.

Oh I see. I’ve heard quite a bit of complaints about Louis Vuitton’s quality of recent years. I hope they really shape up since they’re bags are only getting more expensive. Thanks, I’ll definitely inspect carefully.

Reactions: vickenator