Louis Vuitton Pegase 55 doesn't really fit anything

tcyr

May 11, 2015
Hello all!

I was wondering if anyone else has the same issues I had with owning the Pegase. So my first piece of LV luggage was a vintage Alzer 60, I loved looking at it but as far as using it to travel it became very cumbersome. In that time period, I also purchased a Keepall 55 for weekend trips. I decided to sell my Alzer for a profit, get a pre-loved Pegase 55 and have money left over.
I soon realized during my first trip with the Pegase 55, it really doesn't fit as much as people on Youtube or the forums would express. If I were packing for a weekend I could barely get a pair of boots/shoes, 3 outfits, and my toiletry bag let alone use this for a week's trip I would then have to check another bag which I hate doing. I decided to give it one last chance since I was going to DC for the weekend just for 2 nights and 3 days. I was able to pack a pair of boots, 2 pairs of jeans, 3 shirts, a couple of tank tops, a toiletry bag, and my leather coat on top and I was barely able to zip it up. At the same time, I could fit all those things with room to spare in my Keepall 55..:thinking:After that moment I realized I needed to sell the Pegase and I was looking around and found the Rimowa cabin precisely what I was looking for. I was able to find a pre-loved one, and after receiving it I decided to try packing the Rimowa with the same items I did in the Pegase. WOW! The Rimowa was able to hold everything plus I would have been able to fill a ton more stuff.

My question to you has anyone had these issues with the Pegase? Don't get me wrong it was a beautiful piece of luggage but from a practical point of view how did you make it work or did you end up selling it as well?

Pegase 55.jpg

69699068189--BF54C6AF-24CC-499D-AF8D-CFE9495BBCF2.jpg

I like my Pegase. I use it when I travel to San Francisco. It's my carry on. To me, it's supposed to look good. Rimowa is nice, but not my style.
Yes it’s very beautiful how do you make it work for yourself? Don’t get me wrong it fit everything I need for a weekend trip but that zipper at times would make me worry . I will miss the attachable garnet bag though that was perfect when I needed to travel with a suit.