Louis Vuitton Passy Questions

pixy28

O.G.
Apr 12, 2006
Hi friends!

I have recently fallen in love with the Passy and to my disappointment it is not in stock anywhere (at least according to customer service). Does anyone know if it is an item to be continued and what my best chance of finding one might be?

Also, any thoughts on the Passy versus the Brea? I plan on using this for an everyday work bag and am debating on Black or Ivory (or Cassis if it's still being made).

Thanks!

This is such a great question! I am thinking the same thing myself except I am also considering the Madeline GM.

Anyone who uses these bags for work, your opinions and thoughts are greatly appreciated!

Pixy28- I think the passy is gorgeous too!

I had never heard of the Passy before so I checked it out. First thing that struck me was "is this LV's version of a Birkin?" It looks like a very pretty bag. Looks more practical and easy to use than a Brea for a daily bag. I don't know about the Epi version of the Brea but the Vernis version can be annoying to get into and out of some times...just the way the zipper and the trim line up. Don't get me wrong, I still love my vernis Brea. But in Epi, I think the Passy is more professional looking. Good luck! =)

I had never heard of the Passy before so I checked it out. First thing that struck me was "is this LV's version of a Birkin?" It looks like a very pretty bag. Looks more practical and easy to use than a Brea for a daily bag. I don't know about the Epi version of the Brea but the Vernis version can be annoying to get into and out of some times...just the way the zipper and the trim line up. Don't get me wrong, I still love my vernis Brea. But in Epi, I think the Passy is more professional looking. Good luck! =)

thank you! Good to know! Would still love other thoughts from TPF ladies who own the Passy, Brea, or Madeline. TIA!

I love the Passy. I wanted it in Ivoire for 2 years and then the Brea came out. I ended up getting the Brea GM and it is by far my favorite bag of the moment. I still would love to have a Passy. The different sections inside make it easy for organization.

Such a tough choice. I just purchased the Brea MM in Black to try it out but I have a feeling it will be going back because the color I "love" is the Ivory.

So now I have to choose between colors - black or ivory, styles - brea or passy and size - MM or GM.

This is going to be a tough one - if anyone has any opinions on any of these factors I would love to hear from you!

This one has to be with my daily and for work so it's going to get lots of use!

I don't know about the Brea but I have the Passy GM in purple that I use for work and I love it. I prefer shoulder bags and the GM is very comfortable on the shoulder. I also think it's lines are very elegant and classic. Good luck deciding!

Does anyone know if the Epi Brea in MM or GM would be better for me if I'm 5'2"?

I am 5"2 and have the epi brea in GM (in electric). I use it as my work bag, because it fits in A4 contracts, files and my laptop. It is a fantastic bag because you can use it both handheld and over the shoulder with the strap.

I originally was looking at purchasing the passy, but when the brea came out, I fell in love with it. Definitely get the Brea in GM, as you can fit in more stuff!!

I love the Passy since I saw it IRL but decided to hold back due to the "no zipper" design. Since I already had the BH, I wanted something else with zipper. Good luck. It's a gorgeous bag.

i have the Passy GM in cassis and I absolutely love it! It's my favorite bag. It is the perfect everyday work bag! Can hold a lot of stuff, including A4, magazines, etc and the strap is still very comfortable on the shoulder even if you get it full. Fell in love with Epi when i saw the cassis (purple) color!! And you know what, because of my Passy GM in cassis, purple has become my new favorite color and even had that color theme for my wedding couple of weeks ago!! Just to let you know how hooked I am on this bag and beautiful color!! I'd say go for the Passy GM although I am not sure if they still have it in Cassis. Otherwise, I think the Ivory is gorgeous but could just be quite high maintenance because of its color. You can never go wrong with the black too..timeless and classic. Good luck on your decision!!