Louis Vuitton Paris repair question

Thriftbaby

Nov 15, 2019
My repair was just sent to Paris for repair. And a the staff couldn’t have been nicer even tho I was perfectly honest. I even told them I thrifted it. The bag is very very special. Otherwise I would never have asked.

Just to be clear: it is still in Paris.

Just wondering if anyone knows how quick fake items gets returned? Is it any difference to if the bag is authentic?

How long before I know if they repaired it lol?

I also didn’t get an estimate and the SA said we will see. I really am happy to pay what they ask me to. Do they always call later with an estimate before repair? She didn’t say anything at all about it. It’s not that important tho... just wondering if they always tell you estimate before repairing?

They are going to change some hardware in Paris that was flawed. It will take 10 weeks (which seems pretty standard)

I am pretty nervous to know. But it’s okay if it’s not too ofcourse. I am so happy they took their time and now I am dreaming of buying from an actual store lol. Perhaps they gained a new customer. ;)

Last edited:
My repair was just sent to Paris for repair. And a the staff couldn’t have been nicer even tho I was perfectly honest. I even told them I thrifted it. The bag is very very special. Otherwise I would never have asked.

Just wondering if anyone knows how quick fake items gets returned? Is it any difference to if the bag is authentic?

I also didn’t get an estimate and the SA said we will see. I really am happy to pay what they ask me to. Do they always call later with an estimate before repair? She didn’t say anything at all about it. It’s not that important tho... just wondering if they always tell you estimate before repairing?

They are going to change some hardware in Paris that was flawed. It will take 10 weeks (which seems pretty standard)

I am pretty nervous to know. But it’s okay if it’s not too ofcourse. I am so happy they took their time and now I am dreaming of buying from an actual store lol. Perhaps they gained a new customer. ;)
If an SA sent it to repair, it is a good sign that the bag is probably authentic. It is still possible, however, that the repair team will identify it as a fake and then return it. The process can take 6 to 8 weeks.

Reactions: Thriftbaby
If an SA sent it to repair, it is a good sign that the bag is probably authentic. It is still possible, however, that the repair team will identify it as a fake and then return it. The process can take 6 to 8 weeks.

Ah thank you for the answer. And yes I know. It will take 10 weeks :smile:

But I was wondering if they check and examine the bag straight away when it arrives in Paris? Or if that too can take weeks?

How quick does fakes get sent back to the store?

(I am pretty confident it’s real. But you never know. An auction house even said it was tho. And trust me the bag is a mysterious one. Not regular.)

Thank you so much for quick replies to help out :smile:

Ah thank you for the answer. And yes I know. It will take 10 weeks :smile:

But I was wondering if they check and examine the bag straight away when it arrives in Paris? Or if that too can take weeks?

How quick does fakes get sent back to the store?

(I am pretty confident it’s real. But you never know. An auction house even said it was tho. And trust me the bag is a mysterious one. Not regular.)

Thank you so much for quick replies to help out :smile:
First of all, nothing is going to Paris. There is no Louis Vuitton atelier in Paris. The closest thing is Asnières and they only repair hardsided pieces. Nevertheless, once your bag arrives at one of the repair ateliers, it will be in line until someone looks at it. So it will likely be as long as any other repairs, even if it's fake. Ten weeks seems long. In my experience, bags are returned within six to eight weeks.

Also, what bag is it?

First of all, nothing is going to Paris. There is no Louis Vuitton atelier in Paris. The closest thing is Asnières and they only repair hardsided pieces. Nevertheless, once your bag arrives at one of the repair ateliers, it will be in line until someone looks at it. So it will likely be as long as any other repairs, even if it's fake. Ten weeks seems long. In my experience, bags are returned within six to eight weeks.

Also, what bag is it?

Oh they told me Paris! I have heard others say Paris too in this forum. So strange. Maybe they mean the store and that they forward it to an atelier or something.

I don’t want to be rude but if they decide to repair I wanna make a surprise bag reveal on youtube!. So I have to be a little secretive on what bag it is.

Let’s just say it is a quite Exotic bag ;) so beautiful...

This journey has been so much fun so I hope it won’t end here.

Oh they told me Paris! I have heard others say Paris too in this forum. So strange. Maybe they mean the store and that they forward it to an atelier or something.

I don’t want to be rude but if they decide to repair I wanna make a surprise bag reveal on youtube!. So I have to be a little secretive on what bag it is.

Let’s just say it is a quite Exotic bag ;) so beautiful...

This journey has been so much fun so I hope it won’t end here.
A lot of people don't know what they are talking about... ;)
Best of luck with your secret bag! I hope it works out for you.

Also, what bag is it?

Oh wow I just read about Asnières and it makes total sense if they sent it there... That is so cool! I am learning more and more about LV everyday now... it is just an hour from Paris

And thank you! I am waited with bated breath. For 8 weeks I guess lol.

A lot of people don't know what they are talking about... ;)
Best of luck with your secret bag! I hope it works out for you.

Just out of curiousity... Do you know where the other atelieres are located that do repairs?

Pretty sure this one went to Asnieres. But just would like to know more about LV in general.

If it was fake they would not likely have even accepted it to be repaired. There is a way for them to find out. If it is being sent to paris expect anywhere to wait up to 6 months or less. You will find out how much it will costs when the bag is returned unless they repair it and decide to not charge you for anything.