Louis Vuitton Papillion

I settled and bought one for a great price! A little smaller than I wanted, it's the 26 I believe, but still cool looking! There's a strong cigarette Odor that I need to start getting rid of and waiting for it to to be authenticated on here, but so far I am happy with it!

Congrats! I just found this thread. I think the Papillion is super cute and kind of quirky. I just got one for Valentines Day from DH (like another poster said, the Papillion is the only LV bag that hubz likes). It fits more than I thought it would though I don't tend to carry tons of stuff so it is a good size for me. (it's the 26.)

Congrats! I just found this thread. I think the Papillion is super cute and kind of quirky. I just got one for Valentines Day from DH (like another poster said, the Papillion is the only LV bag that hubz likes). It fits more than I thought it would though I don't tend to carry tons of stuff so it is a good size for me. (it's the 26.)

Ya it does hold more than I thought, I have the 26 also! It's an awesome piece for my collection and I like that no other designer has made a bag like it, you know? Makes it more unique!

Ya it does hold more than I thought, I have the 26 also! It's an awesome piece for my collection and I like that no other designer has made a bag like it, you know? Makes it more unique!

Exactly! It's got such a unique look to it that gives it a little twist from what many people think of with LV.

Reactions: sroze
If the dimensions aren't exact, does that mean the bag is fake? I came acrross a "papillon 30" that seems to be more of a 26. It is 27.8 cm when I measured it. With 2 different rulers. It is the older Papillon with the leather interior and all other details seems to be ok, except for the dimensions.

Hi Bunnycat - I know this post is old but I saw you online and took advantage of the opportunity.

Do you still have and like your Papillion. I do not like large bags. As a matter of fact most MM bags are too large for me. I carry very few items in my handbag (wallet, cell, sanitizer, tissue, keys, icebreaker mints);)

The Papillion line looks a little "youthful" but I'm ok with it as I would dress her well. I am watching a 26 in DE and wanted some thoughts . Appreciate your response.

Hi Bunnycat - I know this post is old but I saw you online and took advantage of the opportunity.

Do you still have and like your Papillion. I do not like large bags. As a matter of fact most MM bags are too large for me. I carry very few items in my handbag (wallet, cell, sanitizer, tissue, keys, icebreaker mints);)

The Papillion line looks a little "youthful" but I'm ok with it as I would dress her well. I am watching a 26 in DE and wanted some thoughts . Appreciate your response.

hi luv2! I do still have my Papillon! It's a cute bag and sentimental b/c my hubby got it for me. Everything I carry fit with lots of room to spare in it. Keys, wallet, cles, glasses case, phone...I found in the end I mostly prefer shoulder carry bags, but still take it out occasionally.

hi luv2! I do still have my Papillon! It's a cute bag and sentimental b/c my hubby got it for me. Everything I carry fit with lots of room to spare in it. Keys, wallet, cles, glasses case, phone...I found in the end I mostly prefer shoulder carry bags, but still take it out occasionally.

Thank you for responding Bunnycat. I prefer shoulder bags also, but they have to be smaller for the "mature rebellious joints". I will give it a spin. Worst case if I don't like it - my daughter, who prefers handbags will have a special gift for Mother's Day.

BTW: Happy (2 years old) birthday:Partyhat: to you and your Pap26!:happydance:

Thank you for responding Bunnycat. I prefer shoulder bags also, but they have to be smaller for the "mature rebellious joints". I will give it a spin. Worst case if I don't like it - my daughter, who prefers handbags will have a special gift for Mother's Day.

BTW: Happy (2 years old) birthday:Partyhat: to you and your Pap26!:happydance:

I think the newer models have longer straps so shoulder carry might be possible, though mine is the older hand carry model. They are very lightweight though. I have the same shoulder problems. Thank you! :flowers:

I think the newer models have longer straps so shoulder carry might be possible, though mine is the older hand carry model. They are very lightweight though. I have the same shoulder problems. Thank you! :flowers:

I'll update you if I make the buy. Of course it will be pre-loved.

I stayed away from the forum for a few months (surgery) and since I've been back on (45 days or so) I've purchased 3 new bags. And I have a list of "buy considerations" to take to the boutique in the near future. PF is such an enabler. :biggrin:

I

Love that people still love the Papillon. This has always been one of my favorite LV bags because I like butterflies :smile: Just bought myself a pre loved watercolor Papillon and I am excited to add it to my monogram one :smile:

Reactions: jill39
There was a time where I was considering selling my Papillon 30 and I decided to keep it. The Pap was my first LV so there is some sentimental value to me. I have the older model in mono and it makes a great evening bag. This is a style/shape you don't see often and I like that.

Hi, would anybody be able help? I'm buying a papillon 26 from 2008. The date code is printed in gold. The font seems okay. Is it Authentic? Thanks.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180411-154042.png
    Screenshot_20180411-154042.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 167
Hi, would anybody be able help? I'm buying a papillon 26 from 2008. The date code is printed in gold. The font seems okay. Is it Authentic? Thanks.
Authentications cannot be provided from just a datecode. If you require authentication then you will need to have a read of post #1 in the "Authenticate this LV" thread and if you can meet the requirements then feel free to request an opinion. The authenticators in the forum do prefer to authenticate for people who participate in the forum so please do join in rather than a "post and run" so to speak. Hope that helps and here's the link you'll need:
https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/authenticate-this-louis-vuitton.926508/