Louis Vuitton Palm Springs backpack

tinyturtle

O.G.
Dec 5, 2010
hi everyone, i posted this thread earlier but my post got deleted for posting a link that may have been a picture of a fake Palm Springs backpack. yuck.

so here is my second attempt. is the Palm Springs backpack limited edition? i got one reply before my post got deleted, stating that it will be permanent. however, i asked a sales associate at the Louis Vuitton boutique who said that it is limited edition.

the reason why i would like to be certain is because i have another handbag on my wishlist.If the Palm Springs backpack is limited edition then i will purchase it first.

thanks in advance for your intel :smile:

hi everyone, i posted this thread earlier but my post got deleted for posting a link that may have been a picture of a fake Palm Springs backpack. yuck.

so here is my second attempt. is the Palm Springs backpack limited edition? i got one reply before my post got deleted, stating that it will be permanent. however, i asked a sales associate at the Louis Vuitton boutique who said that it is limited edition.

the reason why i would like to be certain is because i have another handbag on my wishlist.If the Palm Springs backpack is limited edition then i will purchase it first.

thanks in advance for your intel :smile:

The MM size is going to be permanent however the mini is limited. I'm not sure about the pm.

to clarify, seasonal means that they are only producing it for for winter 2016?

A seasonal item is produced during a FW or SS season, usually in large quantities. Several batches can be manufactured if demand is high.

For example last year's V Neverfull or the Ramages collection are good examples of the seasonal releases.

Pieces from the runway shows are usually closer to true limited editions and are harder to come by, especially items at the higher price points. They are produced in very small quantities.

When you look at a store booklet, items are usually ranked within three categories based on pricing. The more prestigious is your store, the more runway show and high price point items it carries.

Some items start as seasonal but are later incorporated in the long-term collection. That seems to be the case with the MM Palm Springs Backpack. That totally makes sense since there was a big gap in women's backpack in the LV catalog for the past few years.

I hope you get all your dream bags!

A seasonal item is produced during a FW or SS season, usually in large quantities. Several batches can be manufactured if demand is high.

For example last year's V Neverfull or the Ramages collection are good examples of the seasonal releases.

Pieces from the runway shows are usually closer to true limited editions and are harder to come by, especially items at the higher price points. They are produced in very small quantities.

When you look at a store booklet, items are usually ranked within three categories based on pricing. The more prestigious is your store, the more runway show and high price point items it carries.

Some items start as seasonal but are later incorporated in the long-term collection. That seems to be the case with the MM Palm Springs Backpack. That totally makes sense since there was a big gap in women's backpack in the LV catalog for the past few years.

I hope you get all your dream bags!
thank you! your info was very helpful :smile:

I love the Palm Springs mini backpack. I saw it today and it is adorable. It fits more than expected. The store did not have the PM so I could not compare the two.
i was only able to try on the PM b/c they didn't have the mini. can you wear the mini as a backpack? i saw it on YT where the lady wore it as a crossbody bag and it was quite cute.

Yes mini can be worn as a backpack. It can be worn long so it sits low down the back or higher (closer to the back). Hope that makes sense.

I only tried the mini as a long backpack. I saw a video of a model wearing the mini as a backpack. Will see if I can find it again.

I think it was only released as a cruise item. So it should disappear pretty quickly.

The mini was extremely popular. There are still a couple of hundred people on the reserve list so essentially as soon as they are produced they are sold. I am not sure if everyone will get one or if LV will continue to produce to meet the demand but if I find out I will post here