Louis Vuitton nightmare ...

CSamoylov

O.G.
Oct 15, 2010
So this by far is one of the strangest things to happen to me yet. My husband purchased a scarf from the Louis Vuitton store (it was about $625). Today when we opened our presents I ended up with a LV bag we didn't pay for and I don't even like. The problem is now we don't have a reciept for this bag just the scarf,ugh. The LV store is about a 2 hour round trip from our house. Has anyone had to deal with this? Any advice?

You should call the store immediately and explain the situation. The other customer probably realized the same mistake today and will call as well. If not, they should be able to look up your scarf receipt and see who purchased the bag at the same time and figure it out from there....

I don't know what the above poster is saying, did they even read the post?

So you got a bag INSTEAD of the scarf, is that what you mean? Sounds like a wrapping mistake. Call the store tomorrow and tell them what happened and that you live so far away. Maybe they will pay for shipping and mail your scarf out?

No I didn't get the item for free. I paid for a scarf and got a bag. I'm just afraid they won't take this bag back because I have a reciept for a scarf not a bag. Are they usually accommodating in these types of situations?

The store should be able to sort it out for you...someone one paid for a bag and got a scarf instead so I'm sure that other person will be contacting the store as well!

No I didn't get the item for free. I paid for a scarf and got a bag. I'm just afraid they won't take this bag back because I have a reciept for a scarf not a bag. Are they usually accommodating in these types of situations?

I wouldn't be so intimated by LV - they should be accommondating you as it is their mistake. Call them and tell them you purchased a scarf, got this unwanted bag instead and you are too far to drive in. LV should be paying for return of the bag and the shipping of your scarf. I would be furious if I were in your situation not worried if LV would correct this mistake. They should - they are in the wrong.

I am sure they will resolve the issue. I would ask for them to pick up a shipping tab though. You shouldn't have to pay to drive back or have it shipped to you.

They should be able to prepay a FedEx pick up and they will prob. Wait until they receive the bag to ship out your scarf though. Good luck

My Speedy was folded in a flat box and all the way home my husband kept saying 'are you sure you got the right thing, that box only looks big enough for a scarf?'. And a Speedy isn't heavy so if that's what the OP has I can see not noticing until the box was opened. Whoever bought the bag and got home with a scarf probably returned that too, so the store already knows about the problem but doesn't know who has the bag? I agree since you are so far away and it was their mistake they should pay the shipping and exchange it.

I almost had something similar happen to me so I could see how this happened. I prepaid for a scarf and went in 2-3 weeks later to pick it up. When I walked into the store my regular SA was on a break and not physically in the store. Since I was in a rush, another SA, trying to be helpful said my SA had told him i might come by, and that he knew which package it was. He came out with a wrapped up box in a large bag, and he didn't ask for ID or anything, nor did he check anything else... he simply handed me a bag. I grabbed it and was walking through the rest of SAKS when I remembered something else and went back into LV.

While asking about another item, I opened the box they gave me to put on the new scarf (I jut couldn't wait), and low and behold... there was something else in there. I was the one who pointed out to the SA that he had handed me the wrong box, as he did not realize the error. Turns out there were two boxes in the back and he obviously didnt know which box belonged to which customer. It kinda scared me that even after identifying that this was the wrong box, the SA still didnt put two and two together and I had to say to him - THIS ISN'T MINE! I was really glad I had discovered the error in the store as I would have been irritated if I had had to return to the store for this issue.

Just call up LV, I bet you the other customer already has. The SAs will eventually figure out who has the bag. It will all work out just fine!