Louis Vuitton Neverfull

I originally bought the ebene MM. I am 5'6. The GM only looked good on me cinched, else, it looked like a giant beach tote and overwhelmed me. The MM was perfect for me in size and proportion. I loved the red interior. I returned it only because I am really not used to how "open" it is. I don't like people peeking into my bag but I am now having second thoughts and won't rule out repurchasing it down the road.

Thank you all! Is the cracking on the DE just luck of the draw? Or is it with all of the bags? This might sound like a dumb question but is there anyway to keep the leather on the monogram from darkening? I will be using it as an everyday bag.

I like the DE Neverfull, but personally the cracking would make me paranoid. I would get a Mono MM unless you are really tall. The MM seems to be the perfect size and the GM seems huge. Good luck!

I'm also undecided about the neverfull.... I know I prefer the mono... As much as I love the ebene, I don't think I can deal w the strap situation. The only thing reason that I haven't bought is that I've seen women w their ages NF and it looks as if the strap part that is sewn to the bag part seems to tug that area of the bag upwards and it just does not look pretty. Hope you guys kinda know what I'm talking about. But I have to make my decision by tomorrow. Or I might just get a tivoli pm! Ahhh the decisions!! LOL

I have the ebene GM, it's nice looking and worry free. I've been carrying it since August 2011, using it for travelling and school etc, not babying it at all and it still looks new. No cracking or peeling there. I don't know how many bags actually crack and peel, but I hope that it's in the minority, and it just feels like a very common problem because the ones that are happy with their Neverfulls don't post to tpf about it :shrugs:

My reasearch has shown your statement to be true, and I did a lot....not just on TPF before I got my DE. No probs so far, but if they occur I will be forcing new straps, that is the only way to solve the prob, and have heard good reviews that the replacment straps usually are fine.

I feel kind of sorry for the OP, so far all I got down to reading said, don'get DE, handles crack and if you don'like patina, dont get a mono or DA. Guess ya better like pink handles (I don't). Plus, I can almost predict *someone* will have probs with those too.

Just pick the bag you like OP and enjoy it. Read up on how to best care for whatever kind you get. Good luck.

Thank you all! Is the cracking on the DE just luck of the draw? Or is it with all of the bags? This might sound like a dumb question but is there anyway to keep the leather on the monogram from darkening? I will be using it as an everyday bag.

Look, I drove myself nuts asking that same question and finally recieved a very good and complete post about the issue. The points that were made to me are as follows:

1)The cracking is not as common as it seems. When you start really surveying bag owners, the rate seems abou 30% have the problem.

2) If you notice cracking, get thee to LV immediately. and *insist*on strap replacement. Most have found that the replacement straps pretty much *never* have the prob. Therefore, if it was between exchanging bags and replacing straps, statistically you are better off replacing. You may have to be very...ummm..forcefull to get your straps replaced so be prepared and take a large man with you.

3) Probably number two will not happen, so enjoy your bag.

Look, I drove myself nuts asking that same question and finally recieved a very good and complete post about the issue. The points that were made to me are as follows:

1)The cracking is not as common as it seems. When you start really surveying bag owners, the rate seems abou 30% have the problem.

2) If you notice cracking, get thee to LV immediately. and *insist*on strap replacement. Most have found that the replacement straps pretty much *never* have the prob. Therefore, if it was between exchanging bags and replacing straps, statistically you are better off replacing. You may have to be very...ummm..forcefull to get your straps replaced so be prepared and take a large man with you.

3) Probably number two will not happen, so enjoy your bag.

The cracking is very common with the DE.. And lately it seems LV is not being very accommodating to to fix or replace the bag.
I would go with the Mono, I think it prettier anyway. :biggrin:
Good luck..

Thank you all again, does the leather on the monogram take a long time to patina?
If you really can't get over the fact that you do not like the patina, I would not get it. You will end up having a bag you dislike, and that is a waste of money. I personally like the patina, and the patina darkening quickly or slow is up to you. It happens quicker the more you use it, the more sunlight it is in, it will get darker if you have lotion on the skin it contacts, or hand sanitizer. But the important thing to remember is it WILL darken no matter what, so make sure you will be okay with that.

Why worry about the patina? It's supposed to darken, that's part of the sophistication of the bag. There is a difference between a bag with a nice, even patina and a bag that is dirty and obviously uncared for.

If you really hate the idea of the vachetta getting a patina, there are some products that can slow the process. Search for the threads with "protecting vachetta".

Also, I would go with the GM!