Louis Vuitton Monogram Canvas & Leather Petit Bucket Bag -Sticky lining

Prettyn

Dec 9, 2013
I recently bought a beautiful Louis Vuitton Monogram Canvas & Leather Petit Bucket Bag on Ebay but the lining is sticky? It was made in 2000. Would LV still replace the lining and would this be costly?

ajesguerra

Feb 3, 2014
I bought a vintage LV jeune fille which was in really good condition but the lining was already starting to peel. I initially contacted the seller to return it, but was convinced to keep it after seeing some repairs which can be done. I thought if relining it with leather but went with self-adhesive felt paper from Michaels.

https://www.michaels.com/creatology-peel-and-stick-felt/M10572180.html

It took about an hour to cut and stick the lining to the 3 pockets (front, inside and back). I am very happy with the results!

Attachments

Reactions: KLMILLER715

kuhoang

Jul 6, 2011
Reno, NV
I bought a vintage LV jeune fille which was in really good condition but the lining was already starting to peel. I initially contacted the seller to return it, but was convinced to keep it after seeing some repairs which can be done. I thought if relining it with leather but went with self-adhesive felt paper from Michaels.

It took about an hour to cut and stick the lining to the 3 pockets (front, inside and back). I am very happy with the results!
Nice! Did not think of that, thanks for sharing :smile:

Trully24

Aug 14, 2014
Germany
I also got a bucket in eBay from 1998 with beautiful Outside but sticky inside. I asked LV for the price of a relining and they told me it would be around 300€. I bought the bag for the fantastic price of 90€ so I thought It wont hurt me that much making some experiments and so went on to reline it myself. It took me a day of work, but finally i am so happy with it. Relined it with beige microfibre cloth which is normally used for sofas and is equal to the microfibre Material in Original LV bags.

dcooney4

O.G.
Apr 15, 2007

What a great job you did.

kuhoang

Jul 6, 2011
Reno, NV
I also got a bucket in eBay from 1998 with beautiful Outside but sticky inside. I asked LV for the price of a relining and they told me it would be around 300€. I bought the bag for the fantastic price of 90€ so I thought It wont hurt me that much making some experiments and so went on to reline it myself. It took me a day of work, but finally i am so happy with it. Relined it with beige microfibre cloth which is normally used for sofas and is equal to the microfibre Material in Original LV bags.

What a great idea! Thanks for sharing Trully24 :smile:

Trully24

Aug 14, 2014
Germany
I tried to Upload photos of it Here but my iPad always crashes down when clicking the upload button :sad: will try it in a few days again

Susanvh

Sep 14, 2014

I just now did the same on a beautiful 1990s Monceau whose inside zipper pocket was sticky. Now it's perfect - problem solved! Thanks for the great idea!

pjhm

Oct 10, 2014
San Fran Bay Area
I just now did the same on a beautiful 1990s Monceau whose inside zipper pocket was sticky. Now it's perfect - problem solved! Thanks for the great idea!

Am just amazed with the creativity and resourcefulness of some you--this is my favorite part of the site---thx for sharing.