Louis Vuitton Mexico

I was just there last month. It's a very nice store and in a nice outdoor shopping area. So they will calculate whatever it is that you're looking at from Pesos to US dollars, and it comes out to be about the same cost as buying in the US, without the US tax, but that cost also includes the Mexican tax, so then you take your receipt upstairs in the same shopping center (or also you can do this at the airport, but it is so much nicer and easier to just do it right then and there and have it done), and they file for you to get your Mexican tax back, I think it is like 7% or 8%. So you end up saving a little bit of money compared to buying in the US. I got the new Mini Pochette Accessories that is black with the blue design there. I've visited the store every time I go to Cancun and have bought things from time to time, so my info is in their system there. And the SAs are always very nice.

Yeah, the only difference is no sales tax.
I was just there last month. It's a very nice store and in a nice outdoor shopping area. So they will calculate whatever it is that you're looking at from Pesos to US dollars, and it comes out to be about the same cost as buying in the US, without the US tax, but that cost also includes the Mexican tax, so then you take your receipt upstairs in the same shopping center (or also you can do this at the airport, but it is so much nicer and easier to just do it right then and there and have it done), and they file for you to get your Mexican tax back, I think it is like 7% or 8%. So you end up saving a little bit of money compared to buying in the US. I got the new Mini Pochette Accessories that is black with the blue design there. I've visited the store every time I go to Cancun and have bought things from time to time, so my info is in their system there. And the SAs are always very nice.
Thank you guys both, very helpful!

I was there a few weeks it was more expensive that buying in the UK, and I think about the same as US depending on the exchange rate you get. I got an 8.9% tax refund so might make it slightly cheaper than in the US.

Hello there. I know this is an old thread but I just want to update the information. The tax refund in Mexico now is 8.9% of total purchase price and I found the price is cheaper than US for brands like LV, Chanel, and Prada. I know it is different than the previous post but it has been 7 or 8 years and a lot has changed.
The SAs in the boutiques are super nice too.

Hello there. I know this is an old thread but I just want to update the information. The tax refund in Mexico now is 8.9% of total purchase price and I found the price is cheaper than US for brands like LV, Chanel, and Prada. I know it is different than the previous post but it has been 7 or 8 years and a lot has changed.
The SAs in the boutiques are super nice too.
How much cheaper is it? Is it cheaper without tax refund or only cheaper due to tax refund? Thx

Hi!
I only checked a couple of bags/wallets that my friends and I are interested in. I think the price (before tax refund) lies between EU site and US site.
For example:
1. Twist XS wallet is $710 on US site (before tax), is 480 euro (545$) on France site, and is 13300 mex peso (655$ before tax refund). It would be 8.9% cheaper for tourists after tax refund.
2. POCHETTE METIS in reversed monogram is 1880$, 1430 euro (1625$), and 39500 mex peso ($1947). This one is not cheaper without tax refund, but is often sold out in US and EU.
3. Bond Street BB, sold out on US site, is 1870$, and 36500 mex peso (1800$).

My point is, if you happen to be in Cancun or Mexico City for vacation, it is not a bad idea to check LV and Chanel. They have pieces that are often sold out in the US, and the prices are often cheaper.
HTH. :smile:

Reactions: USCGirlie
How much cheaper is it? Is it cheaper without tax refund or only cheaper due to tax refund? Thx
Hi!
I only checked a couple of bags/wallets that my friends and I are interested in. I think the price (before tax refund) lies between EU site and US site.
For example:
1. Twist XS wallet is $710 on US site (before tax), is 480 euro (545$) on France site, and is 13300 mex peso (655$ before tax refund). It would be 8.9% cheaper for tourists after tax refund.
2. POCHETTE METIS in reversed monogram is 1880$, 1430 euro (1625$), and 39500 mex peso ($1947). This one is not cheaper without tax refund, but is often sold out in US and EU.
3. Bond Street BB, sold out on US site, is 1870$, and 36500 mex peso (1800$).

My point is, if you happen to be in Cancun or Mexico City for vacation, it is not a bad idea to check LV and Chanel. They have pieces that are often sold out in the US, and the prices are often cheaper.
HTH. :smile:

Reactions: Kevinh73