Louis Vuitton "melted"

cinon

Jun 23, 2010
Recently purchased an Eva bag and a spot showed up. After sending it back to the LV Store they said it was melted! I never even had it anywhere close to anything even warm.

Any suggestions as if this is really what happened and how can I have it repaired?

LV won't repair because they would have to replace more than 50 % of the canvas.

Hi I had the same thing happen to my bag recently, I live in Toronto Canada and dropped off the bag today and not sure what they will do . They also said what ever happened was my fault. Which I can not see how I don't smoke i was not near flames or fire. I think that with the intense heat and humidity it melted in my car while driving with my roof open. I am angry as this should not be happening. What have you done regarding the bag or getting it repaired have you contacted head office?

My mother bought a Louis Vuitton bag in Greece last year. After using it for several time, the bag is oozing melting leather with a horrendous odor. It also stained our sofa and costed us a few thousand dollars to change our sofa. We wrote a complain letter to LV for a refund of a new replacement for other series. Unfortunately, LV only agreed for a repair as this moment. We do not want a repair since my mother has lost faith Louis Vuitton brand and about it's quality. If you are looking for the bag's pictures, feel free to visit my facebook page. I'm planning to upload more pictures on wechat and weibo. Thanks.

Attachments

• mmexport1462389562350.jpg
    mmexport1462389562350.jpg
    107 KB · Views: 2,719
  • mmexport1462389572855.jpg
    mmexport1462389572855.jpg
    122.3 KB · Views: 3,082
  • mmexport1462389587598.jpg
    mmexport1462389587598.jpg
    120.3 KB · Views: 2,911
  • mmexport1462389580269.jpg
    mmexport1462389580269.jpg
    147.3 KB · Views: 3,090
  • mmexport1462389594958.jpg
    mmexport1462389594958.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 2,637
  • mmexport1462389601209.jpg
    mmexport1462389601209.jpg
    112.3 KB · Views: 2,620
Reactions: Withlovejoy
My mother bought a Louis Vuitton bag in Greece last year. After using it for several time, the bag is oozing melting leather with a horrendous odor. It also stained our sofa and costed us a few thousand dollars to change our sofa. We wrote a complain letter to LV for a refund of a new replacement for other series. Unfortunately, LV only agreed for a repair as this moment. We do not want a repair since my mother has lost faith Louis Vuitton brand and about it's quality. If you are looking for the bag's pictures, feel free to visit my facebook page. I'm planning to upload more pictures on wechat and weibo. Thanks.
omg!!! that is horrible looking,I am so sorry for your mom.

I am so sorry, that is horrible! I don't even know how they could repair all that...was it in the heat for a long time or did that just happen normally? I would definitely not give up asking for a replacement or credit...that does not seem normal..

Reactions: Hemiole
This is truly shocking!! Louis Vuitton have a reputation to protect. You should take it back to the boutique. I have quite a few LV bags, and had never had any issues with any until recently, when I noticed that my Capucines GM was "melting": this was over 2 years after I made the purchase. I took it back to LV Selfridges, London and they explained that it was a design flaw with the dye used that had since been corrected. A few days after I dropped off my bag, I was invited to come in and exchange it for a new bag. I decided to go with the same design since I really consider it to be a classic, but opted for the medium sized one and a credit note for the difference in price between the two sizes.