Louis Vuitton Luggage

Pinkcaviar said:
Last question, I heard the Damier Keepall doesn't come with a strap. Could I purchase the mono one? Or its something I wouldn't really need...

The damier keepall only comes in 50 w/o strap and 55 w/strap. So you can get the 55 then. I think a strap is a must because you never know when you feel like tossing that bag over your shoulder.

i'd go for the Pegase 60. it has a lot of room, and it's small enough to qualify as a carry-on so that you don't have to check it in at the airport. plus you don't have to worry about lugging a heavy Keepall around.

The peagse is gorgeous and I considered buying one, but I've heard some horror stories about how bad luggage is treated after check-in and LV luggage that has "disappeared" during the flight, so I just didn't want to risk it, so I went with a keepall55 with shoulder strap that I can carry with me at any time:P However, LV luggage IS really cool, so I'll might get a pegase when LV opens in my country that I can use for trainrides. But anyways, if I were you I'd go for LV carry-on luggage and some anonymous black thing that looks like everything else to check in.

sweetlove said:
The peagse is gorgeous and I considered buying one, but I've heard some horror stories about how bad luggage is treated after check-in and LV luggage that has "disappeared" during the flight
I didn't even think about this yet. I can see how it would disappear.

silkyte said:
Would the smallest pegase be considered carryon? I believe this is the pegase 50???

Yup, from what I've seen the Pegase 50 is the smallest carryon.

And I think Im in it for the Damier 55 or Mono with the strap! I thought it didnt come with it, so Im glad I found out. The Pegase will be on my next list. Hopefully, I'll get a lot of use out of it. Just have to plan more trips. =)

for practical purpose I would definitly say, get the pegase-bit its more epensive then the keepall........either way: I have both and think having at least one lv travel piece is a MUST for a real lv lover...........imo

:shame:

Japster said:
I have a couple keepalls and I use them a lot. I love them for overnight trips.
I also have a garment bag but I just put it on ebay because it just doesn't get enough use.

I just bought your garment bag!!! and LOVE it! HA!

kathyrose said:
I'd be worries s***less! Looks like they hold up better than I thought! I had visions of ripped LV luggage in my head! :cry:

I will add my worries - every time I want to buy a piece of luggage from LV, which is usually required for check-in, my visions of stolen or lost LV luggage stops me from buying :sad:

Believe it or not I don't highly recommend getting the luggage. I have a monogram keepall and I have only used it three times since I bought it. I don't feel that comfortable travelling with it. I can't check it at the airport when I am flying because I'm sure it will get stolen or damaged. More likely stolen. There was a reoprt a few years ago about how even celebrities who fly commercial airlines instead of using private jets will often use fake Vuitton luggage because of how often it gets stolen. I would actually just recommend getting another nice luggage set instead of Vuitton.

Of course if you never check your luggage then maybe you can get by with it.

i have the monokeepall 55, i got the one with strap but i barely use the strap because it digs in to your shoulder. i use it when i go home sometimes from college. it gets kind of heavy but id rather use that then my damier pegase. i haven't used it once yet. :P

The keepall can fit so much in, but you definately need to get the strap just to leave your hands free. I would recommend the pegase rather than the keepall as it is SO easy to use you can pull it with 1 finger even when it is full to the brim!!
I always check in my luggage and have had no problems at all.

Have you considered a tote like the cabas mezzo. Its pretty large and doesn't get a funny shape when its full. Great for a carryon. I can use it as an everyday bag also. I think you get your moneys worth rather than a keepall you don't use as much. But if you have the cash-go for the pegese,its fabulous!

The Pegase 60 is a carry on.
I often think it's better to get Hartmann or Something else for the actual luggage because you hardly see it anyway.You can get a few bags for the price of the luggage ,save the $$ for the pretty stuff to carry everyday, everywhere.... but then I look at Pegase & it's so pretty with my Deauville sitting on top.

The peagse is gorgeous and I considered buying one, but I've heard some horror stories about how bad luggage is treated after check-in and LV luggage that has "disappeared" during the flight, so I just didn't want to risk it, so I went with a keepall55 with shoulder strap that I can carry with me at any time:P However, LV luggage IS really cool, so I'll might get a pegase when LV opens in my country that I can use for trainrides. But anyways, if I were you I'd go for LV carry-on luggage and some anonymous black thing that looks like everything else to check in.

soooooooooooo, I've recently thought about making the jump and buying the keepall, 'cos I love to pack as much stuff as possible on a plane with me. I spoke with lv and I was told not to get the keepall 60 (which is what I thought I should get at first and if I had to chec k it so be it.) the dude told me that he has HEARD SOME THINGS about lv luggage and it's best that I purchase the keepall55 so that I can keep my eyes on it.

those of you who have shopped lv KNOW the customer service there is blunt and awesome, so if fernando at lv tells me to buy luggage I can keep my eye on at all times- I'M GONNA DO IT.

plus, he said that a lot of markings that happen on lv luggage when you check it- they cannot take it off. :sad: booooo