Louis Vuitton Luco as Diaper bag

smacedo

Apr 14, 2013
Hi all! Hopefully this is being posted in the right place [emoji16]

I'm onto baby #2 and I'm considering buying a Luco tote as a diaper bag for several reasons. 1) i don't like traditional diaper bags 2) I have a Neverfull MM but I don't want to risk ruining it 3) Lucos I know are discontinued but in comparison to Neverfull, Cabas, Totally..the used prices on this bag are bit better. So if I do damage it, I won't feel bad about what I spent on it 4) my diaper bag last time was a large black leather Coach diaper bag. It was cute, but bulky. So I stopped using it after a few uses. 5) the Luco is wide, but skinny. So I don't think it would be overly bulky for me. And I like diaper bags that don't look like diaper bags.

With all of that being said, would Luco work as a diaper bag? With this being my second time around in the baby department, I've learned you don't really need to carry a ton of stuff around for the baby. Especially for day to day errands. I've only seen the Luco in photos and on YouTube. Can anyone weigh in on this??? TIA!

Honestly, I had a Luco for a for a very short time and sold it. I used it for work, carried a MacBook, some pens and a notebook. That's it! And it was SO heavy! Even empty, the bag was very heavy. And I didn't like the opening, it was difficult to get in and out of. How about the Totally? It has zipper option, pockets on the outside and it is light weight.

I have this bag- it is BN sitting in its epi textured box from the early 2000's. I too find it heavy and plan to sell it. I love the look of it but I just never got around to using it and now my lifestyle is different so it sits. Plus, it has dividers inside making me think this was intended to be a chic kind of valet/briefcase.

Bottomline, I think there are better choices for your needs

Last edited:
Reactions: smacedo
Lol, so far it looks I'm heading in a direction that I didn't think I would go into. The totally would be a perfect diaper bag.....I'll have to keep thinking on this one. I was pretty much sold on the Luco because it was skinny. But I keep reading that the bag is tough to get into.