Louis Vuitton Lawsuit over Hangover 2?

I thought the scene was funny because it WAS fake. I'd assumed they'd be smart enough to get permission from LV though.. And yes I know counterfeits are illegal but I figured it was made especially for the movie, not acquired illegally (ie: off the street) since it doesn't even look real.

Just wanted to add for clarification: I thought it was funny because I thought it MADE FUN OF PEOPLE who carry fakes. Anyway, I'm leaving this thread alone because I don't want to dig myself into a hole.. :smile:

Hahaha! Wow! I haven't even seen this movie but this scene has been brought up by a lot of my straight guy friends as they know how I covet LV..... None of them mentioned that it was fake, just the pronunciation... Clearly we need to have a chat on LV101.

Ah!

When I saw that bag, I was like *squint eyes really hard* "is that LV? The color is different though"

When Galafinakis said it's an LV, i was surprised.

First got sued by mike Tyson's tattoo artist, and now this, hilarious!

Hangover 1 and 2 are very good though !!

Is anyone looking at the photo? It's not even a counterfeit or knockoff...it's one of those "inspired" bags with similar symbols, but no actual LV logo from what I can see. I've seen many of these bags appear in movies (White Chicks, for example)...why didn't LV sue over that too?

As much as I love LV, this frivolous lawsuit just makes them look bad. It's a 10-second funny scene out of a movie...not a documentary bashing the brand :rolleyes:

Is anyone looking at the photo? It's not even a counterfeit or knockoff...it's one of those "inspired" bags with similar symbols, but no actual LV logo from what I can see. I've seen many of these bags appear in movies (White Chicks, for example)...why didn't LV sue over that too?

As much as I love LV, this frivolous lawsuit just makes them look bad. It's a 10-second funny scene out of a movie...not a documentary bashing the brand :rolleyes:

Totally agree!!!

People who don't know LV would not know it was a fake, and would probably think that Louis Vuitton bags were awful.

That is probably what LV is afraid of.

This. I've seen similar bags at Claire's when the Cherry Blossom and Cerises collections came out, so I'm not sure why LVMH heads have their panties in a twist. Really, it's free publicity for them.

That said, I have not seen Hangover I or II. I figured they were just way too raunchy for me... :blush:

elle said:

I agree! I just saw the movie last weekend and thought it was a funny scene. I doubt anyone actually thinks it's real. It's just a funny scene in a funny movie!