Louis Vuitton Launches Diamond Monograms

Feb 8, 2006
By THOMSON DIALOG: NewsEdge
Posted: 3/30/2006 5:14 PM (Rapaport...The Jakarta Post) Luxury retailer Louis Vuitton recently launched a new collection of monograms that are smaller and more precious as they are enriched with natural colored stones and diamonds. The move is reported to have been one way to combat handbag conterfeiting.
Inspired by flowers, pearls and hearts, the monograms uses stones of various hues, such as pale green, pink, yellow and pastel colors. The monogram charms can hold up to 12 different designs to be added or taken off as the owner pleases.

Copyright 2006 The Jakarta Post
c 2006 Thomson Newsedge Dialog

I MUST see images! I also heard the monogram will have some sort of communicating signal. Like two real LVs will just light up when next to each other. How cool huh? I read that in TIME, but that's still in the works.

may3545 said:
I MUST see images! I also heard the monogram will have some sort of communicating signal. Like two real LVs will just light up when next to each other.

Not that technology isn't fabulous but I think that would be kind of tacky, to have your LV light up. A good (and probably incredibly expensive) way of distinguishing a fake from a real one, but still.. there is no part of me that desires a light-up bag, lol.

Woah, I've always wanted one of those suede crystal bags, and now they're doing it for a special line !!! I bet they're mucho dinero though !