Louis Vuitton is now a 'brand for secretaries' in China

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Guest,
    If you've been around here for a while, you may know that @Vlad and I love a good April Fools' Day joke that we try to pull off yearly. Many times, our members forget and we get them, one time making everyone turn into Vlad, another year with a garishly awful new design, and another year no matter what button you pressed we alerted you that you requested your account terminated. It's always brought us such joy to have fun with you all, especially when we try to pull off a forum wide joke one day a year.

Continue reading...
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. This is a bit of a misnomer. A lot of Hermes bags are in the same price point as LV bags aside from the obvious Birkin, Kelly, Constance and Jypsiere.

2. This thread is still alive?? 😂

3. So even with the price increases its becoming more affordable

Same thing happening with Rolex 50% price increase last 5 years and even still becoming more common - real watch enthusiasts moving to higher brands now

IMO its because of the increase in credit available over the last few years making things seem more affordable to people who cannot really afford them

I cant imagine using credit to pay for a luxury , arguably a frivolous , item ... UNLESS it was 0% credit and I had the money already (0% = free money)

Its a shame these people are pushing the price up for those of us who still actually buy them the traditional manner

4. You're so funny!!!! I love reading your comments!!!! 😊😂

5. #305 Aug 11, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2015
    Is this the best the Business Insider has to offer these days? No wonder I changed professions. Journalism is doomed.

6. What's funny is that my friend just sent me this article last weekend! Haha! So when I saw the thread, I assumed it was new. Oops!

7. i just think thats insulting for all secretaries out there,,,

8. It happens to other Asian countries as well. Asians are generally branded conscious. My friends were shocked when I fell in love with LV last year. They considered I downgrade from other brand to LV. Another friend told me not to sell any of my Chanel n other brands. She was very sure my love for LV is just going to be temporary. My circle of friends doesn't like LV because they think it's too commonly carried by almost anyone here in my country. They do not want to be seen carrying same brand as their workers. But I don't care! My love for LV just started lol

9. Sounds pretty snobby to me. Why do they care so much?

10. #310 Aug 13, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2015
    LV is everywhere but I still like it :shrugs:

11. +1

I definitely agree with this, a lot of stuff is definitely much more easily accessible with a line of credit. Nearly anyone can "afford" these items nowadays. Doesn't stop my love for LV, but I dislike the crazy price increases

12. This is honestly why I only buy vintage. I hear the quality of vintage LV items far outweighs the quality of new LV items.

13. It's bacccccckkkkkk! :roflmfao:

14. Oy close this thread please..

15. Considering how much of the world lives in poverty or just above it, it's funny to read that a lot of people seem to think almost everyone can afford LV or other luxury goods.

Le sigh...