Louis Vuitton is now a 'brand for secretaries' in China

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Very true!

2. +1, at the end of the day material things don't matter. All that matters is whether or not you're a good person, and the type of bag you carry doesn't change that. After all, handbags are just bags. That's it. They're made to carry our crap. They don't change the type of person you are.

3. I agree that material thing doesn't define you as a person. And don't ever let it do so to you.

4. Well said.

5. there are so may judgements flying around. rich judge the poor. poor judge the rich. you're a loser if you scrape and save for a bag because you are trying to be nouveau riche. you're a loser if you snag a rich man and he buys you a bag or many bags. if you're not rich and you buy an LV, you're 'uppity'. if you are rich and you buy an LV, you are ghetto because some folks who scraped and saved sport the same bag. or worst of all, if you are desperate for a boost and buy a fake, God help you, because everyone will hate you.

how about a recognition that we are all born and we all will die. we all live under the same sun. a little kindness and acceptance toward our fellow woman would be such a relief. everyone is walking their path, and often it is a hard path, even though it may not seem evident to onlookers. kindness, mercy, grace would be wonderful.

6. #262 May 31, 2015
    Last edited: May 31, 2015
    Oops! Posted in the wrong place. Sorry

7. Very well said. Also reminds me of a quotation I heard decades ago, but which has stuck with me through the years: "Small minds discuss people. Average minds discuss events. Great minds discuss ideas".

FS

8. Lol!!! Class is when you're not judgemental. You can be rich and from an old money family but if you're looking down on people based on what they wear then you're just a rich fart or rich bish. Nothing classy about these two.

9. Yes!!! This!!! All day and all night!!!

10. http://www.businessinsider.sg/louis-vuitton-losing-sales-in-china-2015-2/

11. :btdh:

12. +1

13. Unfortunately this is not new. The Chinese in China are really into labels and they are willing to spend money on items that are expensive is deemed exclusive. I understand the need to have those items but at the same time I am also someone who needs to pay her bills and monthly expenses.

14. In China, LV is also considered an affordable brand that even the babysitter or housekeeper could afford (but I still think LV is a classy brand but I don't live in China