Louis Vuitton in Lord & Taylor

I saw some used LV, Gucci, and Fendi at the Dillards in Lexington, KY, and they were MASSIVELY overpriced. An Alma BB in vernis color Cherry was listed for $1750 which is only a $70 savings from buying brand new. If you buy LV online in KY, they don't charge tax as there is no LV in KY so you would be spending MORE to buy the used bag at Dillards then to buy brand new from LV Online...RIP OFF! And they had two Damier Ebene Manosque bags that they were trying to sell for around $1600. You can easily find these bags in excellent condition on fashionphile, yoogiscloset for less than $800. The two Fendis and the one Gucci were overpriced also but not anywhere near how overpriced the LV bags were. There were a couple women looking at the LV bags when I glanced at them. I told them to save their money and either buy new from the LV website or to check out yoogiscloset or fashionphile for authentic much better-priced pre-owned LV (and other designer) bags. I explained how over-priced the bags Dillards was selling were. One of the Dillard's SAs overheard me, and afterwards, came to me and asked the names of the websites I had recommended because she wanted to check them out too :biggrin:

Reactions: Ida2
I saw a section selling preloved Louis Vuitton bags in my Lord &I Taylor as well...I asked a sales associate when they started doing this and she said they always had a 3 day sale and customers would get on a contact list about when it would be. Now it is a permanent collection at the store. I think ya great. Our mall has an LV store in it so if you still have the option to buy there too. They also had really nice Chloe Drew bags as well.

My local Von Maur has them too. They used to have a good mix of premiere brands but now it's just a lot of LV with some Prada and Gucci mixed in. They used to carry Chanel but in my area people aren't really into that line. A while back they had a Birkin and a Kelly bag. Surprisingly these items sell really well at my store.

Reviving this old thread as I just saw a lot of what’s labeled “vintage” Lv (and other designers like ferragamo, Gucci) at lord and Taylor. Prices were too high. Epi Alma pm was $1495. I’m surprised no one in merchandising investigates selling prices of 2nd hand items? Even the non Lv prices were ridiculous. I have to admit I was shocked to see this at my local store.

IMG_4833.jpg
IMG_4834.jpg
IMG_4835.jpgIMG_4836.jpg
IMG_4837.jpg
IMG_4838.jpg

Reviving this old thread as I just saw a lot of what’s labeled “vintage” Lv (and other designers like ferragamo, Gucci) at lord and Taylor. Prices were too high. Epi Alma pm was $1495. I’m surprised no one in merchandising investigates selling prices of 2nd hand items? Even the non Lv prices were ridiculous. I have to admit I was shocked to see this at my local store.

View attachment 4144957
View attachment 4144958
View attachment 4144959View attachment 4144960
View attachment 4144961
View attachment 4144962
Prices are dictated by the outside company that places the products in these stores. I was talking to a lady at Dillard’s who oversees their vintage LV table and who told me that, despite the high prices, sales were really good. It’s probably because there is no LV store in my state and that some people dislike buying online.

Reactions: snibor
Prices are dictated by the outside company that places the products in these stores. I was talking to a lady at Dillard’s who oversees their vintage LV table and who told me that, despite the high prices, sales were really good. It’s probably because there is no LV store in my state and that some people dislike buying online.
Interesting. I’ve got plenty of LV stores in my state. I was shocked at the number of bags they had. If they can get these crazy prices then good for them. But wow even the Gucci and ferragamo bags were way over priced.

Reactions: fabuleux
Interesting. I’ve got plenty of LV stores in my state. I was shocked at the number of bags they had. If they can get these crazy prices then good for them. But wow even the Gucci and ferragamo bags were way over priced.
Most of the people who buy these bags have no clue that there are trust-worthy pre-owned sites online that sell pre-owned LV, Prada, etc. I think most would just assume that the online stores are selling fakes. I only realized some of the online stores were legit when I started coming to the purseforum. Also, many of these people have no clue how much an LV, Prada, Gucci bag actually costs so they just assume that they are getting a good deal. Every time I see someone looking that these bags in Dillards, I steer them to fashionphile, yoogis closet, etc, I also tell them to check what the bags sell for new because some of the bags they are trying to sell in the store pre-owned are almost the same as buying new so why not order directly from LV online. One time they were offering the exact same LV alma in vernis leather that fashionphile had. Fashionphile price was almost a $500 savings over buying a worse condition bag from Dillards.

Reactions: snibor