Louis vuitton good hardware damage

Meichanao07

Feb 27, 2019
hi guys!!

This happened to my louis vuitton clapton crossbody. The color of the hardware(the lock) changed to silver. Not the whole lock but part of it. It looks like the gold color took off??? I dont know.

Have you also experienced this to your goldhardware??

Is there any solution for this?

Please help guys. Thank you!!! I attached the photo below.

Attachments

• A147A6AE-3ABF-488A-A0AD-50B56807F822.jpeg
    A147A6AE-3ABF-488A-A0AD-50B56807F822.jpeg
    245.7 KB · Views: 624
hi guys!!

This happened to my louis vuitton clapton crossbody. The color of the hardware(the lock) changed to silver. Not the whole lock but part of it. It looks like the gold color took off??? I dont know.

Have you also experienced this to your goldhardware??

Is there any solution for this?

Please help guys. Thank you!!! I attached the photo below.
Take your bag to your local store. They ll be able to help you.

Reactions: Meichanao07
I think that’s just the coating coming off with repeated contact and is normal with any coated hardware.

I actually bought this as preloved. The seller said she only used it twice. But then when I saw the lock i'm kinda doubting the authenticity of this bag.

But it looks and smells authentic tho. Haha
I think that’s just the coating coming off with repeated contact and is normal with any coated hardware.[/QUO

Yeah. Trying to decide if i'll return it or not. It was a really good deal tho. Good thing is I personally know the seller. So I can always contact her anytime. :amuse:

Is this normal for authentic Louis Vuitton bags??

If looking to authenticate that’s a different issue. Members aren’t supposed to authenticate.

The brass can definitely turn color- you can bring solid brass back to being a shiny brass color but if it’s only coated brass, you can’t. You’d have to re-coat it. Like “white gold”- you need to constantly rhodium plate it. The yellow gold will eventually show through.

Yeah. Trying to decide if i'll return it or not. It was a really good deal tho. Good thing is I personally know the seller. So I can always contact her anytime. :amuse:

Is this normal for authentic Louis Vuitton bags??

That's good that you could return it. It is normal for LV hardware to lose its finish, but I don't think that's what happened here. My guess is this bag was scraped against something like a wall.

The brass can definitely turn color- you can bring solid brass back to being a shiny brass color but if it’s only coated brass, you can’t. You’d have to re-coat it. Like “white gold”- you need to constantly rhodium plate it. The yellow gold will eventually show through.

While I agree with your statement about LV hardware, I wear white gold exclusively and have for over 40 years and have NEVER replated anything and the gold DOES NOT show through.

That's good that you could return it. It is normal for LV hardware to lose its finish, but I don't think that's what happened here. My guess is this bag was scraped against something like a wall.
Thanks!! Turned out that the previous owner of the bag is acidic. That's why the buckle faded. Will try to go to the nearest local store and have it repaired. Thanks so much!!:smile:

This silvery colour showing through is due to the base metal being silver coloured, no hardware, except for on their most high-end bags, all locks, and trunks, is solid brass anymore so it is inevitable that it will eventually show through as the gold coloured plating wears. They should be able to send it off to France to have a new buckle installed if you ask at any boutique.

Reactions: Meichanao07