Louis Vuitton going down

LV has been here for over 100 years, plus they had record breaking (for their company history) sales last quarter.
LV will always be in style. I think it may just be the price hike detering a few people, which is fine with me.

I suppose it depends where you are and when. I was shopping at Dillards, and I saw a mother and daughter who were both carrying LVs--some of the expensive ones--and I'd almost carried my Babylone that day.

I doubt the classic lines will ever go out of style because they're just that, classical. Now when it comes to denim, graffiti deisgns and funky colors, yeah, those will come and go.

LV has been very successful of late because they've got something for the customers who want the standard quality lines they can carry 20 years from now as well as the trend lovers who will buy the latest thing and cram it into the back of their closet at the end of the season.

The monogram canvas, epi and damier will always be classic styles. As for the other ones they come out with, sure they may be "trendy" but think about it..not a lot of people want to spend that much on a "trendy" bag, so those will be the harder to find items. Two examples are the Graffiti line and the Robert Wilson vernis pieces.
Anyway, no, LV will never go "out." Those people with fakes will simply find the next new "it" bag to go buy a copy of..and hey, if it's something other than LV or Chanel, that'll be a wonderful thing lol.

bella1 said:
And if the day comes when I don't see as many people carrying LVs, I will celebrate! B/c I think it's been overexposed in the past couple of years due to all the fakes! I used to enjoy it more when I didn't see 40 people wear 'LVs' (whether it be real or fake) within a matter of 3 hours at the mall.

I agree with you 101%. Preach on! :biggrin:

I :love: LV but there are three factors that are swaying me more toward other brands like Chanel.
1. The overexposure as Bella1 stated.
2. The unbearable price increases. I feel somewhat duped to know that at some point a Speedy 25 was probably $300 and now it is almost $600. I am sure the craftmanship was just as good then as it is now so I am having a hard time justifying these price hike.
3. This year's collection is nothing to be really admired. The three hole puncher line (the perforated thing) and the car wash line (the fringe thing) are a disappointment.

I think once the Damier Speedy 25 comes out, it will probably be my last LV purchase for a long time.

i don't think it ever will. i remeber as a kidm over 20 some years a go, seeing my mom and her sisters go gaga over each others new LV purchases. I didn't see the attraction then, vastly prefering my red hello kitty purse at the time. and here i am twenty years later, and my sister and i are now oohing and aahing over our LV aquisistions. I think there will be definite ups and downs as far as intense popularity/trendyness, but I don't think it will ever be "out". Honestly, I look forward to when the popularity dies down -- i tend to not like to be trendy and would prefer to be one of the few to own/carry something.

baglady said:
I agree with you 101%. Preach on! :biggrin:

I :love: LV but there are three factors that are swaying me more toward other brands like Chanel.
1. The overexposure as Bella1 stated.
2. The unbearable price increases. I feel somewhat duped to know that at some point a Speedy 25 was probably $300 and now it is almost $600. I am sure the craftmanship was just as good then as it is now so I am having a hard time justifying these price hike.
3. This year's collection is nothing to be really admired. The three hole puncher line (the perforated thing) and the car wash line (the fringe thing) are a disappointment.

I think once the Damier Speedy 25 comes out, it will probably be my last LV purchase for a long time.

Yeah I remember the Speedy 25 was $385 just a couple of years ago. I remember thinking,hey that's a good price when I was looking at it on eLux. Should have bought then ... Sigh ... I just paid $540 for one before the last price hike! And I got my bro and dad each a Taiga wallet for $190 4 years ago, and now it's $290, almost 50% increase!