Louis Vuitton Gals do you buy Gucci to?

Hello all, I was wondering if you buy Gucci to? I like the pellham medium shoulder bag and I thought for the price of that- I could have a damier ebene speedy and keep my neverfull mm. Would you rather have a gucci or two louis? Honestly I have never had a gucci purse, so anyone that has both gucci and louis- whats the quality comparison? Thanks

I loved the older quality Gucci's and some of their traditional bags (hobo) are still very pretty. Generally, I gravitate more to LV. I do like the Horsebit Hobo they came out with a few years back very much, but generally Gucci has too much "bling" for me and they don't seem quite as classy. I think the quality is a small step below LV, but as with both, it depends on the particular bag. I have a Gucci doctor's bag that I've had for over 25 years and I still use it because it's still gorgeous. They don't make them like that anymore though.

I have a few Gucci bags... I tend to only purchase their more "traditional" or so-called "classic" sort of bags. My mom has a few leather pieces (some are very old now and still look excellent and classic). I don't like Gucci's "trendy' bags (or ANY designer's really trendy bags period) I just have a more classic style I guess.

Gucci's classic GG canvas stuff... some of the everyday pieces.... & the belt bag all are wardrobe staples and I can't imagine ever NOT wanting to use them! :yahoo:

I do ~ I haven't in a long while and majority of my bags are LV. The quality is not bad, just annoying when the bag you buy full price goes on sale ... I do have my eye on the new Gucci Jackie bag ... but I'll wait for it to go on sale. :shame:

Yes, I have several Gucci bags but I always gravitate back to LV. I feel the quality is better, especially inside. I dislike that many Gucci bags are black or dark dark brown inside and it's hard to find anything. I love the Guccissima leather bags and am not very fond of the canvas...it always feels scratchy to me. I just prefer Louis Vuitton :amuse:

I do ~ I haven't in a long while and majority of my bags are LV. The quality is not bad, just annoying when the bag you buy full price goes on sale ... I do have my eye on the new Gucci Jackie bag ... but I'll wait for it to go on sale. :shame:

I heard somewhere they have sales usually. Do you know where? nordstroms maybe?

I heard somewhere they have sales usually. Do you know where? nordstroms maybe?

I believe all the dept. stores that carry them, put some on sale eventually (someone correct me if I'm wrong) ... Neiman's, Saks ... I've seen them on gucci.com on sale as well.

They also have Gucci in some outlets ... if you visit the Gucci sub-forum, the sweet ladies over there will be glad to help you!

I used to love Gucci! The leather is very nice. Im not a fan of thier Monogram anymore. Although I love the new Sukey bag. I dont like the Babuska and all of those studded crazy bags with tons of charms hanging off. Reminds me of bad 80's. I do love the 80's like the way LV did with Graffiti . LOL

I have 2 gucci bags. They are lighter than LV but i still prefer LV. If you happen to sell your bags later, gucci bags will lose more value than LV bags. In your case, i think you should go for 2 LV bags instead of a gucci bag.

I have always loved gucci and still want some now. But the styles always change making me want to buy more and never being satisfied. So I usually go Louis and get satisfaction.

Will not buy their fabric bag again. I bought it during their sales last year ( in store and online). The next one should be in June as they have sales twice a year. I'll only get the Guccissima next time. :graucho: But LV is my top priority! Good luck.