Louis Vuitton for a 15 year old

KmarieBaddie

Feb 7, 2010
Hi, this is my first thread and I am a purseaholic lol, Im fifteen and I would like to get a louis vuitton. I wanted the classic speedy, but my mom says thats for working people who can afford to buy those items. Shes letting me start off small with something like a pochette or wapity case. I have other designers purse like gucci and etc, but this is my first louis vuitton purchase.

I wanted everyones opinion on what is a reasonable item to buy a 15 year fron louis vuitton that is not working?

p.s. (something small and cute that can be worn with a strap or on the wrist)

i try to stay away from smaller beginner item because it just increases the cost of the first real bag. i am pretty sure you would want a real purse right after this small item. I would suggest getting on with it instead of spending 300-500.

go for speedy 25/30! You can enjoy it for the next 30 yrs of your life!

The pouchette is cute...but small for going out..i think the speedy 25 is better..it is a great investment..you will have it forever..my neice go it for her 16 birthday. Then for her 18th Igot her a poucette. I think the speedy is a better first bag at your age.tell your mom you can share.LOL!

Thanks to all who commented on this thread ..... I discussed the situation with my mother and I will be buying the pochette ..... its small cute and can be worn with a strap and turn into a crossbody bag. I really want the speedy, but I will hopefully get it on my 16th birthday. I defenitely like the shape of the eva and might purshase that as well.

Hopefully I will have a reveal soon lol

I think a speedy as u can wear it long, and more significant, first LV!, but I think a eva clutch is more versatile as it can be clutch, cross body, wristlet, the works! I got my first LV, and it was the Courtney in black, it was for my sweet 16th, so yeah I wanted to go with a bang! I think you should get maybe a speedy, and for ur 16th get the eva and a wallet as well? I just turned 17 recently, and I got the eva and a wallet. your first LV should be a big buy! :biggrin:

Hi, this is my first thread and I am a purseaholic lol, Im fifteen and I would like to get a louis vuitton. I wanted the classic speedy, but my mom says thats for working people who can afford to buy those items. Shes letting me start off small with something like a pochette or wapity case. I have other designers purse like gucci and etc, but this is my first louis vuitton purchase.

I wanted everyones opinion on what is a reasonable item to buy a 15 year fron louis vuitton that is not working?

p.s. (something small and cute that can be worn with a strap or on the wrist)

Maybe a pochette????

ok since you're getting the pouchette from your mom, why not get a job or babysit to save up some money for your speedy??
When I was your age, I was working, and if I was into bags like I was now, I would have been buying LV all the time!

Here I am now, at 20 just buying my first LV :smile:

:smile: I have LVs and I started on my 15th birthday and now I'm 16 (as of a couple of days ago) and I have a collection of 3. My mom was very unsupportive at the beginning when I bought my NF MM, but when she saw my azur speedy 25 she fell in love and bought herself a few bags too... so now I have 3. :smile: Planning my 4th and 5th purchase, haha.. be aware, LV is VERY addictive.

I worked really hard for my first AND second LV... but my third (Tivoli PM) was a present from her. :smile: So maybe you should start working, and save enough to get the bag you really want, so you can show her that this actually IS what you want and it's not just some sort of 'phase'? Maybe ask her what her alotted sum of money is, (like, 325) and instead of spending that budget on the pochette, get a part-time job and save up the rest (375$)