Louis Vuitton Film Collaboration - My Blueberry Nights

aluminum_siren

BENZLVSUPREMEHERMES FAN
O.G.
May 25, 2006
Wong Kar Wai is one of my favorite directors in the world, I was greatly looking forward to the film My Blueberry Nights that premiered at Cannes, but now this REALLY makes me want to see the film - I want the KEYCHAIN referred to in the movie!!

"Just before seeing the final results at the premiere, Yves Carcelle, the president of Louis Vuitton, explained why he decided to work with Wong for the brand's first film collaboration: "The greatest voyage in life is one of self-discovery, and we wanted to be a part of that," he said. "It fit well with the identity of our brand."
In the end, the association is a subtle one: a set of keys that play an important role have a Louis Vuitton key chain; that cherry-blossom print dress from Vuitton's spring/summer 2005 collection is worn in a pivotal scene; and bags with the Epi leather and LV logo are worn casually in shots where the focus is on everyday life, not fashion. Awareness of the Louis Vuitton brand seeps into the psyche over the course of the film."

Overall, I think this type of product placement is okay. As long as it is subtle. I really disliked how they did the product placement in a movie like Le Divorce. It was just really obvious that they wanted you to know about the Hermes Kelly bag. (And I LOVE Hermes!).

But either way, I think the product placement already worked: anyone here attend Cannes and saw the movie and can tell me which LV keychain it is so I can run out and buy one? :P

http://iht.com/articles/2007/05/28/arts/fhollywood.php?page=1

CANNES, May 17 /PRNewswire-AsiaNet/ - Following the screening of the movie "My Blueberry Nights" which opened the 60th Cannes Film Festival, StudioCanal, in collaboration with Louis Vuitton, celebrated the movie during a party organized in a exceptional setting, in presence of its Director, Mr Wong Kar Wai, Yves Carcelle, President of Louis Vuitton, Pietro Beccari, Communication and Marketing Director and Antoine Arnault, Communication Director and also Jude Law and Norah Jones.

Oh! What I can see now is only Miroir pochette:P

Attachments

• 22579-3708933.jpg
    22579-3708933.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 126
  • 22579-3708932.jpg
    22579-3708932.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 103
i love Wong Kar Wai films too! and Norah Jones... it should be interesting to see her not only in her first role but a leading role. i've been wanting to see this film since i heard about the filming awhile back. i guess i'm now curious about this keychain too

I hope the key is like this charm (cuz Montreal *MIGHT* be getting fine jewelery back, and another thing is that we're getting watches :tup: ....I didn't say anything:whistle:....)! lol Thanks for the info:yes:

LV.2007.charmmonogramclé.orjaune.jpg