Louis Vuitton Fashion in Sex and the City.

Tell us how you really feel :P

ITA though, but I felt that way when the show was 'live.' I guess working mostly with people who are in poverty changes the outlook a bit. I always found the show to be very gauche (which was intended, but still...). Yet, I never understood was how she financed her lifestyle anyway :confused1:

Never really watched this show but I always wonder how certain characters fund their lifestyles too especially on my Soap Opera, they are never at work!

Enjoying looking through the photos of all the LV fashions.

All Carrie did was whine whine whine but SJP looked amazing in anything she wore no matter how outrageous. Do you guys remember the episode where Samantha got on a wait list for a Birkin that cost $5,000? Say whaaat? I wish I knew what a birkin was back then!!
Yeesss! Everytime I see or read about Birkin bags I think about that episode! Without SATC, I would have never known what a Birkin Bag is :lol:.

Reactions: Brucewayne13
I think on most shows people have unrealistic lifestyles compared to their jobs. In my opinion most shows are unrealistic in some area. That's what keeps them entertaining.

I have a love/God you're annoying relationship with Carrie. I watched the show mostly for the fashion. Even though I wouldn't wear most of it I still love watching it and to this day the show inspires me.

What I always thought was interesting is how SJP ended up being this fashion icon in real life. Carrie was just a character and if anybody I would think that the show's costume designer who created her look would have filled that role. I can't really think of any other actor who turned their portrayal of a fictional character into a real life career.

Dated! Of course, the show is now dated. The show aired from 1998 to 2004. When I used to watch the show I very much enjoyed it. I will certainly remember those fond memories of all the LV, great fashion, girlfriends, men, travel and date talks. I was cheering for Mr. Big and Carrie. I liked them together. It was just a show…

I don’t think there has been a similar show since, or has there been?

I love and loved this show~~

Mostly for the fashion and convo of the girls~~

It is a TV show of course, it makes no economic sense but wildly entertaining!

I actually think Carrie had it right in a way..small property and huge closet~~that would be my ideal within similar life circumstances..

She was single..working always.. plus always going out..its a lifestyle alot of single professional women can relate to in a city environment like NY or LA...

Again, the show is exaggerating but it was a fresh look into the city life for women for me~~

I think the show had really clever writing but the thing for me was that while it was supposed to be sexually liberating for the female protagonists, their whole lives still revolved around men. [emoji848]
Not to be obvious, since sex is in the actual name of the show.....it has to revolve trying to find men (and that one time - women) to hump. They showcased independant accomplished women in their 30s who had fulfilling jobs and great friends but didn't necessarily want to be alone. Human beings in general don't want to be alone no matter how great their job, apartment or friends are.

Not to be obvious, since sex is in the actual name of the show.....it has to revolve trying to find men (and that one time - women) to hump. They showcased independant accomplished women in their 30s who had fulfilling jobs and great friends but didn't necessarily want to be alone. Human beings in general don't want to be alone no matter how great their job, apartment or friends are.

I'm tired of that always being the storyline though. In a show like Mad Men, the men are positively addicted to sex, but the show is also about their work aspirations, the politics of the time, and society at large. I can't imagine a six-season, two-movie franchise that only focused on (straight) men trying to hump, date, or marry women.

Loved and still love sex and the city! Iconic and groundbreaking show! Of course now it is dated:smile: my biggest problem was and will always be Carries aweful taste in most of the men she dated- especially Big- she cheated on a decent man to be with Big?! He dumped her on her wedding day and she ends up marrying him anyway?! Clueless woman
UGH... I would have dumped her on her wedding day too!!! She completely lost sight of what was important... remember? That was the whole point of the movie!

Yes I agree, also Miranda was always bringing up the subject of not finding fulfillment on whether they had a boyfriend or not, Carrie made several life altering decisions based on men and at least Miranda tried to bring some sense and balance to this way of thinking.

As far as how Carrie afforded her lifestyle, I think the apartment had rent control, and she did receive a paycheck that covered most of her expenses, the rest was reserved for Manolo's and other splurges :biggrin: and sometimes she would stress about money, and sometimes she'd be broke for a while. I thought, well, if you're gonna be broke at least have fun while you can :shrugs: I watched the show to enjoy it, sure it may be dated but it was a good show back then :shrugs: today's viewers are way too picky......

I loved it, loved Carrie, and related a lot to their issues and predicaments. I think at various times many women could, which is why it was so popular with women. I loved that each character was quite different, and women tended to see themselves in Miranda, Charlotte, Samantha or Carrie. The conversations at the diner were ridiculously spot on, and funny. Big? ...been there. But I can see how a guy would think the show was pointless and dumb. I suspect it was not designed to be a man's show. Nevertheless, the clothes and the bags... yum.