Louis Vuitton Damier Azur Speedy 30 "Louis Vuitton Paris" Square Placement

PizzaPrincess

Aug 1, 2010
Hi, so I was trying to check the authenticity of a purse online and one of the things I was looking at was the placement of the "Louis Vuitton Paris" squares.

Now, I read this "On the Damier canvas, the boxes that say "Louis Vuitton Paris" on them will be spaced 9 squares apart both horizontal and vertical (4 dark and 5 light). Anything else is FAKE!" here: http://wiki.answers.com/Q/How_do_you_know_if_a_louis_vuitton_is_fake

First: It's actually 5 dark and 4 light (as seen on the LV website)
Second: The purse I'm looking at does have these markers.

However, I was wondering if the exact location on the purse frame could be different. Like, shifted upward (with that same 9 spaced frame) or downward? If it's all from one canvas, is that possible?

Thanks!

PizzaPrincess

Aug 1, 2010
The seller hasn't sent me anything worth authenticating :sad: The pictures are too small to zoom in. So I guess this will be a general question about the LV Damier line (Ebene and Azur)...

PizzaPrincess

Aug 1, 2010
Is there anyone who could answer this please? I technically don't have a purse to authenticate (since the pictures won't help) so I'd just really appreciate knowing. :smile:
Could the placement of the "Louis Vuitton Paris" squares, in its 9 box frame, be shifted in any direction at all? Thanks ever so much! :smile:

AECornell

Mrs. Lawson <3
O.G.
Jul 21, 2008
Brooklyn
On the 30 it is in the exact same location on every bag. It should be 1.5 squares down from the point of the leather handle, and 2 squares to the outside of the point on the leather handle. It should be the same on both front and back.