Louis Vuitton cleaning

db2005

Dec 6, 2019
I had a pristine Deauville, minus a small, old watermark. After reading many suggestions and watching YouTube on how to clean it, I opted for the 99 % water baby wipe method. It ruined my bag! My bag is 19 years old, and has a beautiful patina. The wipes made the leather dry and wiped away much of the color. Beware of using this method on older Vachetta.

Reactions: lxrac
I had a pristine Deauville, minus a small, old watermark. After reading many suggestions and watching YouTube on how to clean it, I opted for the 99 % water baby wipe method. It ruined my bag! My bag is 19 years old, and has a beautiful patina. The wipes made the leather dry and wiped away much of the color. Beware of using this method on older Vachetta.
That's weird I use 99% baby wipes as well when I clean my bags so far no changes have happened. My bag's integrity are all intact. I even use it on lambskin bags and vintage Hermes bag that I got. Pristine! I make sure I buy these baby wipes at a local grocery store not online.

That's weird I use 99% baby wipes as well when I clean my bags so far no changes have happened. My bag's integrity are all intact. I even use it on lambskin bags and vintage Hermes bag that I got. Pristine! I make sure I buy these baby wipes at a local grocery store not online.

Your experience is what I heard others say. I’m not sure why I had a disastrous effect on my bag. I went to LV and asked them what to do to fix the problem. They said to use a damp cloth and wipe the Vachetta and sit the bag near a sunny window. They say that the luster will come back. I’m praying that it will

Your experience is what I heard others say. I’m not sure why I had a disastrous effect on my bag. I went to LV and asked them what to do to fix the problem. They said to use a damp cloth and wipe the Vachetta and sit the bag near a sunny window. They say that the luster will come back. I’m praying that it will
You have to make sure to use the alcohol free baby wipes, as the ones with alcohol will dry out the vachetta.

sorry about your experience and thank you so sharing this information.