Louis Vuitton Champs-Elysees

blainewailani

Aug 30, 2017
Hi all!

I am going to be making my first purchase at a (not sure which) LV in Paris. Has anyone had any experiences at the flagship Champs-Elysees store? Or do you recommend another store for the true LV experience?

Do you have a favorite LV store anywhere in the world? If so, where?

I had a not so great experience with Champs-Elysees. My husband and I decided that I could get my first Vuitton there, a Speedy 30 in Damier Ebene. We were in Paris on our honeymoon, doing touristy things. We walked there after visiting a major tourist attraction, so we weren't dressed to the nines but we were still neat and presentable.
We walked in and wandered around looking at all the floors. I finally found a Speedy by an elevator to try on. A gentlemen walked out of the elevator and told me that I could not touch the merchandise without a sales associate. He pointed us into luggage to have someone help us. We waited and waited and no one even said "hello, I'll be right with you." While we waited my husband was looking at the luggage. Would you believe elevator SA followed behind us fixing everything. I should also mention everyone around us had champagne, water, tea, etc.
Finally after about 15 minutes of waiting we wandered into ladies handbags. I asked a SA who was free for assistance seeing both the 25 and 30 ,I wanted to compare them side by side. She said hold on, and got me another SA. The new SA got us the two to look at and I decided on the 30. The SA then had the nerve to say "You do realize this is 760 Euros." When my husband said "yeah and" everything changed. Suddenly we were being asked if we wanted to purchase passport holders, key chains, wallets, etc. She must have offered us every matching SLG under the sun. We were frustrated and said "no, just the bag." I know water isn't expected, but after we said how far we walked to the store nothing was offered. After ringing us up I turned around to leave and saw elevator SA stunned that we purchased a bag. He looked shocked. It really ruined my bucket list goal of buying my first LV in Paris.

Personally, Fifth Avenue has always been awesome. It doesn't matter if I have a no name Target bag I always get excellent service. The local mall in Saks is amazing too. I went to get something heat stamped and I was treated like royalty even though it was a free service!

Five years ago, I bought my NF GM at the Champs Elysees store. I had the best sales experience of any kind there. I had planned to buy the bag in Paris once I saw what I would save buying there. I figured out the whole VAT-thing in reading this site and hoped the line I'd heard about outside wouldn't scare my husband off.
The line to get in wasn't too long and the SA that worked w/me was wonderful. He took us upstairs to look at other LV goodies and we were given cold drinks.
I wasn't put off by the crowd inside the store and felt that the staff, especially Kevin the SA were very friendly.
Other stores w/friendly SAs are the one in Saks/Cincinnati and Bloomingdales/Tyson's Galleria.

I had a not so great experience with Champs-Elysees. My husband and I decided that I could get my first Vuitton there, a Speedy 30 in Damier Ebene. We were in Paris on our honeymoon, doing touristy things. We walked there after visiting a major tourist attraction, so we weren't dressed to the nines but we were still neat and presentable.
We walked in and wandered around looking at all the floors. I finally found a Speedy by an elevator to try on. A gentlemen walked out of the elevator and told me that I could not touch the merchandise without a sales associate. He pointed us into luggage to have someone help us. We waited and waited and no one even said "hello, I'll be right with you." While we waited my husband was looking at the luggage. Would you believe elevator SA followed behind us fixing everything. I should also mention everyone around us had champagne, water, tea, etc.
Finally after about 15 minutes of waiting we wandered into ladies handbags. I asked a SA who was free for assistance seeing both the 25 and 30 ,I wanted to compare them side by side. She said hold on, and got me another SA. The new SA got us the two to look at and I decided on the 30. The SA then had the nerve to say "You do realize this is 760 Euros." When my husband said "yeah and" everything changed. Suddenly we were being asked if we wanted to purchase passport holders, key chains, wallets, etc. She must have offered us every matching SLG under the sun. We were frustrated and said "no, just the bag." I know water isn't expected, but after we said how far we walked to the store nothing was offered. After ringing us up I turned around to leave and saw elevator SA stunned that we purchased a bag. He looked shocked. It really ruined my bucket list goal of buying my first LV in Paris.

Personally, Fifth Avenue has always been awesome. It doesn't matter if I have a no name Target bag I always get excellent service. The local mall in Saks is amazing too. I went to get something heat stamped and I was treated like royalty even though it was a free service!

That’s horrible how you were treated! I know I am probably being pessimistic, but I’ll probably be treatd the same. I dress casually no matter where I go and would most likely be treated the same way. I worked hard for this bag and I want not only the LV experience but a true Parisian shopping experience as well. They might also be like this due to the high volume of customers they see? But this is no excuse. I wouldn’t want my first LV experience to be my last because of how bad it was. I think people going into LV (for the most part) are interested in buying, or buying in the future, especially if they ask to try on an item. The SA shouldn’t quote the price as if you were shopping at Gap

Reactions: Yuki85
Five years ago, I bought my NF GM at the Champs Elysees store. I had the best sales experience of any kind there. I had planned to buy the bag in Paris once I saw what I would save buying there. I figured out the whole VAT-thing in reading this site and hoped the line I'd heard about outside wouldn't scare my husband off.
The line to get in wasn't too long and the SA that worked w/me was wonderful. He took us upstairs to look at other LV goodies and we were given cold drinks.
I wasn't put off by the crowd inside the store and felt that the staff, especially Kevin the SA were very friendly.
Other stores w/friendly SAs are the one in Saks/Cincinnati and Bloomingdales/Tyson's Galleria.

See I’ve heard either glowing reviews or horrible ones. And I can’t decide what to do. I, glad you received stellar service. I guess if I go to this location and I’m treated bad I can visit another location but it would be disappointing and I shouldn’t be chased away by bad SAs

That’s horrible how you were treated! I know I am probably being pessimistic, but I’ll probably be treatd the same. I dress casually no matter where I go and would most likely be treated the same way. I worked hard for this bag and I want not only the LV experience but a true Parisian shopping experience as well. They might also be like this due to the high volume of customers they see? But this is no excuse. I wouldn’t want my first LV experience to be my last because of how bad it was. I think people going into LV (for the most part) are interested in buying, or buying in the future, especially if they ask to try on an item. The SA shouldn’t quote the price as if you were shopping at Gap
It doesn't help husband and I look younger than we are. Its worth visiting to see how impressive the store is. I hope you have a much better experience than me.

IMG_1038.JPG I had an amazing experience there! It was so, so fun! Got an SA right away and she took my friend and I upstairs to see some vintage pieces and skip the line for monogramming. We drank coffee and hung out. It was sort of magical, lol! We had the whole upstairs to ourselves.

P.S. We weren't dressed up and we're young, but maybe the Chanel shopping bag my friend had on her shoulder helped?

Last edited:
Hi all!

I am going to be making my first purchase at a (not sure which) LV in Paris. Has anyone had any experiences at the flagship Champs-Elysees store? Or do you recommend another store for the true LV experience?

Do you have a favorite LV store anywhere in the world? If so, where?
We were there a week ago and went to the Galleries Lafayette. It was a bit of a zoo at first but they were very friendly and found me a bag although their stock was pretty low. They offered us champagne I think because my husband said I had many, many bags. Almost all of them are pre-loved though. It was a nice experience. We were dressed as tourists too.

We were there last June and are experience was so good.. When we were there the line was so long and waited and finally get in.. First we were walking and looking for NV DE and nobody approach but after couple minutes I guess she was manager approached us and said how can we help u and told her what we were looking for and interested to buy and she told me that someone will help me..after a minute Jean the SA help me out and asked us what drink we want and of course I want wine and my husband said he wants coffee..As soon as he brought the drinks, he asked me anything else he can help with..so I asked variety of question and he answer all of it..
That trip was our late honeymoon/ 10yrs.anniversary..so it was good experienced going there..I guess depends on S.A. there but our experienced was so good..Goodluck and have fun there [emoji4]

We were there last June and are experience was so good.. When we were there the line was so long and waited and finally get in.. First we were walking and looking for NV DE and nobody approach but after couple minutes I guess she was manager approached us and said how can we help u and told her what we were looking for and interested to buy and she told me that someone will help me..after a minute Jean the SA help me out and asked us what drink we want and of course I want wine and my husband said he wants coffee..As soon as he brought the drinks, he asked me anything else he can help with..so I asked variety of question and he answer all of it..
That trip was our late honeymoon/ 10yrs.anniversary..so it was good experienced going there..I guess depends on S.A. there but our experienced was so good..Goodluck and have fun there [emoji4]

Yes it can be a bit of zoo to get in, but I think even that is a fun experience in its own way. A good tip is to head straight for the second floor. They have all the same stock but it's much less busy. I had read to do this before I went so we made a beeline for the stairs as soon as we got through the security line. It paid off because it was nice and calm and the SA seemed friendly and less overwhelmed than on the first floor.

Reactions: blainewailani
Yes it can be a bit of zoo to get in, but I think even that is a fun experience in its own way. A good tip is to head straight for the second floor. They have all the same stock but it's much less busy. I had read to do this before I went so we made a beeline for the stairs as soon as we got through the security line. It paid off because it was nice and calm and the SA seemed friendly and less overwhelmed than on the first floor.
I agree with u...we actually did that..haha..ignore them because first floor was so busy..probably people there didn't know there's second [emoji16]just kidding..btw my husband was wearing short and t shirt and me just short short..hehe..but looks like don't bother to them at all..maybe was so lucky that day that everybody was in the mood to sell their stuff [emoji16]

View attachment 3831426 I had an amazing experience there! It was so, so fun! Got an SA right away and she took my friend and I upstairs to see some vintage pieces and skip the line for monogramming. We drank coffee and hung out. It was sort of magical, lol! We had the whole upstairs to ourselves.

P.S. We weren't dressed up and we're young, but maybe the Chanel shopping bag my friend had on her shoulder helped?
Thanks for the photos! Itʻs so beautiful there! Iʻm just going to take my chances and go there because itʻs a once in a lifetime opportunity (hopefully Iʻll visit again, but it probably wonʻt be for a long while). Glad you had so much fun! Iʻm looking to get my NF Mono there

Thanks for the photos! Itʻs so beautiful there! Iʻm just going to take my chances and go there because itʻs a once in a lifetime opportunity (hopefully Iʻll visit again, but it probably wonʻt be for a long while). Glad you had so much fun! Iʻm looking to get my NF Mono there

Head up stairs like I mentioned and I think you'll be well taken care of. I'm going to find the SA's name for you. If her name isn't on our paperwork, I'll send you a picture of her I have and you can hunt for her, lol! It is a very beautiful store and it was fun to see all the mega luxury cars parked in lines outside too. Even if your experience isn't perfect, that's still an interesting story you'll have to tell.

I was umming and arghing whether to post my experience here as I don't want to put you off. I went to the champs elysees store twice. First experience was the worst experience I've ever had for any store I've been to in my life. The SA looked up and down at me, had a face like thunder and didn't want to sell me the item I asked and made out they they don't make the combo pattern. I wrote about it in another thread so I won't go into the specifics but it did feel a bit discrimatry for me. The 2nd experience was completely different and polite, friendly and courteous couldn't fault it. Just felt a bit pushed to buy things. The guy tried to upsell me the jeff koons collab speedy bag. But it really wasn't my cup of tea but he thought I could really rock that bag. But if you see what I look like in real life i know I honestly can't. I'm just not that hip and trendy. He spent a fair but of time convincing me.
Some SA's are smiley and look friendly aim for those on the 2nd floor. I was very unlucky first time I went there to get this rude SA. I dont think she liked the way i was dressed or looked she probably thought i wasn't serious about buying anything so wasting time or she just didn't want to sell me a low spend item. Who knows. The store is very busy throughout the day. I post a picture I took before I joined the queue this was quite late in the afternoon. :smile: As you can see there are many people wearing trainers and casual dress. I think the SA I got took it upon herself to show distain or was rather snooty. I was just very unfortunate on the day. 2017-09-28 12.17.57.jpg