Louis Vuitton Capucines BB - does it sag?

Imanaqvi1

Jul 16, 2014
Hello,
I am interested in getting a black Capucines BB with gold hardware.
My only concern is about the leather sagging in a few years.
Capucines BB owners, have your bags lost shape over the years?
Thank you for your help.

Reactions: bugn
This is a great question. On RHOP last episode, one of the girls had the empreinte alma and I was like OMG it was sagged and warped so badly. I was thankful I didn't buy it. And with the Capucines being a high ticket item, I want to know too

Reactions: Imanaqvi1
Hello,
I am interested in getting a black Capucines BB with gold hardware.
My only concern is about the leather sagging in a few years.
Capucines BB owners, have your bags lost shape over the years?
Thank you for your help.
No definitely not, it’s very structured. Even ones a few years old I’ve never seen a sagging one. I bought mine in 2017 and it never changed shape

I have the capucines BB in galet. It does start to sag a little at the bottom if you are not careful. I stuff mine and store it on it's side (not on the feet) in the dustbag. My boss has the MM size and hers is sagging a lot more than mine is. But it is one of my all time favorite bags. I absolutely love it.

love this bag... but with the price creeping up ..like any other bag... I wanted to try it out in store before ordering and even as of today,
there is no stock in one store I can go to...has anyone have any luck in ordering it to come to store to try out first? My past purchases have been bought online .. or walk into store and buying in stock items.

I have a number of capucines - from MM to BB. You have to buy them in a perfect shape in order for them to continue to look that way (and coming out of LV they are not all equally created - so be careful). Also, do not dare to stuff them - do not lay them on their sides this will just cause deformations - let them sit on your shelf as they are without pushing the flap to deep into the bag as this will cause its back to band forward. Now this is the most important info - PMs and BBs made prior to 2017 are all collectively defective - LV originally only had GM and MM and as the trend moved towards smaller bags, LV created BB and PM and in the process also tried to lighten up the bags as they are very heavy. They did so buy removing some of the leather layers used to create the thick tourillon leather and they used light cardboard material inside to hold the shape...this caused a disaster, as the bag bottom which is supposed to be sturdy and handle which is also supposed to very sturdy are super soft and are warping when touched or when the bag is carried. To make things worse they put the clasps for the shoulder strap on the top of the inner lining on opposite sides of the bag, and didn’t bother attaching the inner lining to the outer leather, so of course when carried, the lining pulls up and the whole bag trapezoids. Within a month the bag is completely trashed no matter how careful you are as it cannot support it’s own weight. Bags made after 2017 do not have this issue - they are completely redone and absolutely, absolutely amazing bags. Except for Galet color bags - I went through 6 and each one of them was defective (they were all brand new purchased from LV stores with my last and final try made in Sept 2020 and it was defective - see last two photos, the handle metal attachment was not sawn in properly, see how the pick of it is not aligned with the stitching, causing the decorative handle ring to go completely sideways and bag to trapezoid). Now onto good stuff Attached here my favs from my collection - in order attached, Magnolia and Noir MM (these bags/size are no longer in production), my absolute go to bag and my absolute favorite Noir PM, and my latest addition the Noir Crystal detail - she is a cutie (no pun intended) 5E6B7C76-43A2-400E-BCAF-0AC3B0494260.jpegF56684CE-9F28-4A4D-9106-A8CCAFE28357.jpegF27B5278-67BF-4796-9675-3D13E4CCB891.jpeg7F160EB8-7CA5-4741-B8C9-1C8CD5D21B49.jpeg

Attachments

• 9C90A6DA-48F6-4567-8758-CE13DF288118.jpeg
    9C90A6DA-48F6-4567-8758-CE13DF288118.jpeg
    128.2 KB · Views: 83
  • 7AC53449-8051-44FC-8C1C-2C0D21ABEE11.jpeg
    7AC53449-8051-44FC-8C1C-2C0D21ABEE11.jpeg
    145.8 KB · Views: 81
I have a number of capucines - from MM to BB. You have to buy them in a perfect shape in order for them to continue to look that way (and coming out of LV they are not all equally created - so be careful). Also, do not dare to stuff them - do not lay them on their sides this will just cause deformations - let them sit on your shelf as they are without pushing the flap to deep into the bag as this will cause its back to band forward. Now this is the most important info - PMs and BBs made prior to 2017 are all collectively defective - LV originally only had GM and MM and as the trend moved towards smaller bags, LV created BB and PM and in the process also tried to lighten up the bags as they are very heavy. They did so buy removing some of the leather layers used to create the thick tourillon leather and they used light cardboard material inside to hold the shape...this caused a disaster, as the bag bottom which is supposed to be sturdy and handle which is also supposed to very sturdy are super soft and are warping when touched or when the bag is carried. To make things worse they put the clasps for the shoulder strap on the top of the inner lining on opposite sides of the bag, and didn’t bother attaching the inner lining to the outer leather, so of course when carried, the lining pulls up and the whole bag trapezoids. Within a month the bag is completely trashed no matter how careful you are as it cannot support it’s own weight. Bags made after 2017 do not have this issue - they are completely redone and absolutely, absolutely amazing bags. Except for Galet color bags - I went through 6 and each one of them was defective (they were all brand new purchased from LV stores with my last and final try made in Sept 2020 and it was defective - see last two photos, the handle metal attachment was not sawn in properly, see how the pick of it is not aligned with the stitching, causing the decorative handle ring to go completely sideways and bag to trapezoid). Now onto good stuff Attached here my favs from my collection - in order attached, Magnolia and Noir MM (these bags/size are no longer in production), my absolute go to bag and my absolute favorite Noir PM, and my latest addition the Noir Crystal detail - she is a cutie (no pun intended) View attachment 4920006View attachment 4920008View attachment 4920010View attachment 4920016
Thank you so much for the detailed response. You know so much about this bag! Thank you for sharing this information. Your bags are absolutely gorgeous!

I have a number of capucines - from MM to BB. You have to buy them in a perfect shape in order for them to continue to look that way (and coming out of LV they are not all equally created - so be careful). Also, do not dare to stuff them - do not lay them on their sides this will just cause deformations - let them sit on your shelf as they are without pushing the flap to deep into the bag as this will cause its back to band forward. Now this is the most important info - PMs and BBs made prior to 2017 are all collectively defective - LV originally only had GM and MM and as the trend moved towards smaller bags, LV created BB and PM and in the process also tried to lighten up the bags as they are very heavy. They did so buy removing some of the leather layers used to create the thick tourillon leather and they used light cardboard material inside to hold the shape...this caused a disaster, as the bag bottom which is supposed to be sturdy and handle which is also supposed to very sturdy are super soft and are warping when touched or when the bag is carried. To make things worse they put the clasps for the shoulder strap on the top of the inner lining on opposite sides of the bag, and didn’t bother attaching the inner lining to the outer leather, so of course when carried, the lining pulls up and the whole bag trapezoids. Within a month the bag is completely trashed no matter how careful you are as it cannot support it’s own weight. Bags made after 2017 do not have this issue - they are completely redone and absolutely, absolutely amazing bags. Except for Galet color bags - I went through 6 and each one of them was defective (they were all brand new purchased from LV stores with my last and final try made in Sept 2020 and it was defective - see last two photos, the handle metal attachment was not sawn in properly, see how the pick of it is not aligned with the stitching, causing the decorative handle ring to go completely sideways and bag to trapezoid). Now onto good stuff Attached here my favs from my collection - in order attached, Magnolia and Noir MM (these bags/size are no longer in production), my absolute go to bag and my absolute favorite Noir PM, and my latest addition the Noir Crystal detail - she is a cutie (no pun intended) View attachment 4920006View attachment 4920008View attachment 4920010View attachment 4920016
Thank you for such detailed information. I am about to receive my ordered Capucines BB in Galet. I will have to inspect the bag really carefully. I hope I get a good one.