Louis Vuitton boxes??

A5HLEY

Dec 9, 2006
Hey guys, I'm new to the site as well as new to designer handbag collecting. I was always the type who thought it was absolutely ridiculous to spend hundreds of dollars on handbags until I purchased my Speedy 30. Now I'm hooked!!

Anyway, I've purchased all of my LV's via eluxury.com because I don't have an LV store within a 300 mile radius of my city. All of mine have come in a Louis Vuitton bag (similar to a shopping bag) and have included the dust bag, etc. I was wondering... if you buy them in an LV store, do they come in some sort of harder box that they're meant to be stored in or are they just supposed to be stored in the dust bag? Thanks!

When my brother bought my BH in LV Paris, he wasn't given a box until he asked for it. Here in the Philippines though, as far as I know, boxes are included in our bag purchases.

Anyways, regarding your question, you're not suppose to store LV bags in the boxes that they come in (some stores will provide it without you asking whereas other stores will only give it to you if you ask) because the leather needs to breathe.

It's strange that your Eluxury purchase didnt come with a LV box.

depends on ur bag, sometimes if they have extra and the SA is kindly enough, they will give it to u

sometimes they dont give it out because some of the box is for specific item

My epi speedy and epi agenda both came in beribboned LV boxes w/dustbags from eluxury! Happy Camper!
I selected the gift box option, so maybe that's the key?

Maybe I'll give them a call tomorrow and see what they can do. If worst comes to worst, I'm assuming I can just pay for a box (hopefully). From now on I'll just select the gift box option. :P