Louis Vuitton Box Shortage????

When I ordered from my SA my MPA in a different state, my item was in a box. However, that box didn’t last long because my two boys were too excited for me and kind of dented the box. It’s fine. I already have two boxes. And the box was so big that I wouldn’t even be able to store it.

Box shortage is probably due to the current situation with COVID-19. I think if you're going to sell it later, it is best to have a full set (box and dust bag). You don't get the same $ for not having a box or dust bag when selling it. Fashion trend and lifestyle change over time. We used to carry oversize bags but now it's all about mini bags. I have a strict rule of one bag in & one bag out so to me it is important to get a box as well. I will still buy it but ask for a box later on with my SA when they have it in stock. I usually store my bag in a dust bag only. It is too hot inside the box.

Reactions: JenJBS
I ordered an OnTheGo MM tote from my SA and she apologized that they've ran out of the normal boxes they have, and that she was gonna have to ship me a big one.

I didn't expect this kind of big box (I thought she sent me the wrong bag before I opened it), but at least I got a box, a bag, and some perfume samples :P

93C38485-DBA3-4DB0-9F50-F11BADBBAD27.jpeg

Incredible that they don‘t even have boxes anymore (they are either too big or too small anyway and the bags bump around in it for no good):noworry:

... after buying one bag at Chanel recently and receiving it wrapped up like a precious diamond in it’s own bed -I can’t help it... but LVs wrapping and shipping is trashy... no lux no nothing... every item is thrown into a (sometimes dirty) dust bag and if you are lucky you get a -size wise- inappropriate box with it.
No additional protection, no tissue paper, no protection on zippers/hardware..... it is a first world problem for sure but for THAT price??? I am not paying for quality- we all know that by now!
I am paying for the drink in store, the pampering of a SA, the location of the boutiques, the design of the stores etc... and the ridiculous stupid box and ribbon! And you only get the box with an online order .... so yes! I would want that stupid box!
Sorry for the rant... every contemporary brand wraps their bags better... :facepalm:
When I bought my first chanel piece, the wallet on chain, that thing was wrapped in so much tissue paper, I had a hard time getting into the bag. And it wasn’t even an official Chanel boutique. It was in saks fifth avenue. Idk much because I just started getting into luxury last year. It wouldn’t take that long to properly pack items. I’m guessing these are the same people who hate wrapping Christmas gifts?

Reactions: DamierEbene
Incredible that they don‘t even have boxes anymore (they are either too big or too small anyway and the bags bump around in it for no good):noworry:

... after buying one bag at Chanel recently and receiving it wrapped up like a precious diamond in it’s own bed -I can’t help it... but LVs wrapping and shipping is trashy... no lux no nothing... every item is thrown into a (sometimes dirty) dust bag and if you are lucky you get a -size wise- inappropriate box with it.
No additional protection, no tissue paper, no protection on zippers/hardware..... it is a first world problem for sure but for THAT price??? I am not paying for quality- we all know that by now!
I am paying for the drink in store, the pampering of a SA, the location of the boutiques, the design of the stores etc... and the ridiculous stupid box and ribbon! And you only get the box with an online order .... so yes! I would want that stupid box!
Sorry for the rant... every contemporary brand wraps their bags better... :facepalm:
You are right about the contemporary bags’ being wrapped better. I bought a Coach bag on sale online, and it came very nicely packaged.

The rumor is true unfortunately. I just bought the surenne BB, received it today and to my horror it only came with a paper bag. What a bummer! I hope they can send me a box when they are available again.