Louis Vuitton Box Shortage????

ChloeMJ1

Apr 7, 2018
Is it true there is a box shortage or is it only certain stores? :hrmm: Am I crazy for not wanting to purchase an item until boxes are back in stock? I guess for the price of an item we all pay, I want the box there too lol.. storage, experience of unboxing, etc. For those who have purchased something recently, how did you receive your item??

Is it true there is a box shortage or is it only certain stores? :hrmm: Am I crazy for not wanting to purchase an item until boxes are back in stock? I guess for the price of an item we all pay, I want the box there too lol.. storage, experience of unboxing, etc. For those who have purchased something recently, how did you receive your item??
Yes, you're crazy. Well, you asked! :smile:

Reactions: Ryan and 880

No, you're not crazy for wanting the complete experience you enjoy when buying a new bag - especially with how much new designer purses cost. Like you, I value the unboxing experience. Getting the box matters to you, and that is what's important; not if getting the box matters to others.

I have bought online and in-store and have received a box. Although I wouldn't recommend online. Shipping is a nightmare right now. I learned my lesson and now do in-store pickup. When I have done that, the SA's always wrap it up for me.

Reactions: JenJBS and RT1
I don’t think it’s crazy. I’ve had 5 online LV purchases in the past month and none have come with the ribbon which takes a little of the thrill away for me. It makes me so sad (a little exaggeration here lol) when I see someone post with a ribbon. If any of mine came without a box I would definitely call CS or go in boutique to ask for one. As much as we pay for these items we expect the best

I don't see the big deal. I was in store yesterday and didn't know of any box shortage. They asked if I wanted two small boxes with my items and I told them I did not because I have enough at home. As long as I get dust bags, I could care less about boxes. It isn't good to store the items in boxes anyway.

A couple online purchases came in too small of box or too small of dust bag. I would rather no box at all and a dust bag that fits than for them to smash my items into something that is clearly too small.

Reactions: sweetlikechocolate