Louis Vuitton Boutique Advice

Jun 18, 2008
I'm so excited, 2 more weeks until my trip to Vegas. Now some of you may remember my thread about Starting Small or Going big for my first LV purchase, and I've decided to follow your advice and go with a bag as my first purchase. Now I've been reading the thread about embarrasing moments at LV and also reading up on some threads about rude SA's and as a first time shopper at the LV boutique, can some of the experienced shoppers on tPF tell me the Do's and Don'ts at the LV boutique?

Some questions I have:
How should I get an SA's attention?
Am I allowed to touch the merchendise or do I need an SA's Permission?
How should I inquire about the price?
Any other insights or personal experiences would be helpful:biggrin:

Last edited:
1. just say something like "excuse me, would you be able to help me?"
2. yes, i always do. apparently some SA's are a little particular and dont like you touching things.....if they weren't meant to be touched, they would be in a case.
3. just relax- its just a store :biggrin: and remember, the only stupid questions are the ones you dont ask

I'm so excited, 2 more weeks until my trip to Vegas. Now some of you may remember my thread about Starting Small or Going big for my first LV purchase, and I've decided to follow your advice and go with a bag as my first purchase. Now I've been reading the thread about embarrasing moments at LV and also reading up on some threads about rude SA's and as a first time shopper at the LV boutique, can some of the experienced shoppers on tPF tell me the Do's and Don'ts at the LV boutique?

Some questions I have:
How should I get an SA's attention? not neccessary need to get SA's attention. if you want to see something then you ask her politely whether you can see that particular item.

Am I allowed to touch the merchendise or do I need an SA's Permission? sometimes, i will touch them. sometimes, i will ask the SA to assist me.

How should I inquire about the price? you just politely ask the SA to check the price for you.

Any other insights or personal experiences would be helpful:biggrin:
hope it helps. :smile:

I always check out the prices on the website before I go. That way I will be sure to only (or at least try) look at things within the price range that I want to spend.

Definitely have fun and ignore any attitudes you may get from some SA's and do not leave there until you have seen everything you want to look at twice-I always feel like they want me to buy a mile a minute or leave-but you can stay as long as you like until closing time!!!

Usually when you walk in a SA if available will come up to you and ask you if you need help.
Do make a list of all the bags you see online and note the price and want to see in person... Also try them all on!
Do Not bring in any food or drinks!

and just be relaxed at the end it's Louis Vuitton not God's palace!

Awhh! I'm so excited for you! I would familiarize myself with the different lines and start to figure out exactly what your looking for. I've only had two bad experiences with SA's, both at Neiman Marcus. I was polite, and left quickly to go to Saks (I love my SA there!) Most of the time they will ask if they can help you, if you're looking for anything in particular, etc. If you don't catch their attention right away just politely walk up and ask to see something. Go ahead and touch/try on the purses they show you. Most of the time they'll just hand you the purse you asked for and you go ahead and look it over, check the inside. In regards to price, I usually ask something like how much does that run. I leave it at that, sometimes they'll ask if you want to stay in a certain range. You could easily say no, or if your comfortable with a good SA go ahead and give them a ballpark. They are usually really good at giving you options to help you find exactly what your looking for.

I bought my first LV at 16, my parents had given me the money and I drove to Saks all by myself! I had no problems, probably because I'm tall and looked about 21 at the time lol. I'm 18 now, and I usually buy my LV's alone, every once in a while I bring a friend/fellow purse lover. I don't know how old you are, but I'm sure you'll be just fine! Like previous people said don't be afraid to ask questions! Have fun in Vegas :smile:

Yep.. what everyone else said... Ask to try on the bag then ask for the price, always helps if you already have somewhat of an idea though!

Remember, at the end of the day.. YOU are the customer! So just go in and have fun!

Go in Have fun!!! That is the biggest thing. You may know already what you want. Just have fun, joke with the SA and let them know it is your first and that you are excited about it. That may help and they may get excited with you and truely help you out more. GOOD LUCK HAVE FUN!!!!!!!