Louis Vuitton Book Recommendations?

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The Nordstrom Spring Sale is now live! Serious savings on customer favorites - up to 40% off with free shipping and free returns. Shop the sale!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Hi everyone! I've been surfing the LV website and I think I'm pretty content with my current handbag and SLG collection. I decided to venture into the Fine Books section and have been hooked on a few items.

I will definitely be picking up the Louis Vuitton City Bags: A Natural History Book but is a bit uncertain on the following items. Are these worth it?

- Louis Vuitton: 100 Legendary Trunks
    - Louis Vuitton: Art, Fashion, and Architecture
    - Louis Vuitton, the Birth of Modern Luxury

Also, I see these are available on Amazon for less than what is advertised on the LV website. Is this reliable? Why is there a difference in price?

All suggestions are welcome, thank you!

2. LV books from the store are usually their exclusive edition - different cover, packaging, etc. there is a thread in the clubhouse regarding books. Personally, I think the best book is the birth of modern luxury followed by Marc Jacobs LV

3. Ah, that make sense! Thank you :smile:

4. The Birth of Modern Luxury is my favorite LV book...

5. I've seen a lot of recommendations for this book. Can you tell me a little more about the contents of it? Is there an equal amount of text and artwork?

6. It is a beautiful book, perfect for all of us LV lovers! IMO there is an equal amount of text and wonderful pictures of the company's history, ad campaigns and products. I got the "City Bags" book for Christmas, which is also nice, but not like this one. I got mine at Amazon, and I'm pretty sure you can "preview" part of it.

7. Thank you for the information!

8. Louis Vuitton/Marc Jacobs

9. +1

10. I received The Birth of Modern Luxury from my parents this past Christmas. I definitely recommend it. The photos are gorgeous. You get the story of the LV family and the brand. I think if you love LV it is a must!