Louis Vuitton Bond Street London Bad Experience

lvt

O.G.
Jun 19, 2010
Hey guys today I went to Louis Vuitton's Bond Street store to give my wallet for repair, as you can see on the pictures my wallet needs to be stitched on a certain area where you place the money notes. When I asked the sales assistant who is in charge of the repairs said with almost not having a look on my wallet that it might not be fixed and if they fix it they will have to do master restitching which costs around 60-100 pounds and send it to France and continued saying that it might be destroyed, also she gave me back the wallet without even waiting for me to answer if I'm willing to pay that amount and have my wallet repaired. After that I asked her how much will it cost me to change the pull (expecting that she would say that it's free as I've seen on the forum) and she answered 20 pounds, of course I didn't give my wallet for repair and I will try another store here in London otherwise I'll take it with me to Greece and I will give it for repair at the Athens store which has great sales assistants that are very helpful.

12112431_10208029510803565_6169846955391195421_n.jpg
11696649_10208022857717242_224129751_n.jpg12168080_10208022821076326_2101723613_n.jpg

Last edited:
While your wallet has most certainly been well-loved it does not give that SA the right to treat you in such a rude and arrogant manner like she did. I personally wouldn't hesitate to contact both the store's manager and CS to describe your horrible experience; LV has really started to pay more attention to customer feedback and would not only take your incident very seriously, but most likely provide assistance in having your repairs done in a reasonable and timely manner.

While your wallet has most certainly been well-loved it does not give that SA the right to treat you in such a rude and arrogant manner like she did. I personally wouldn't hesitate to contact both the store's manager and CS to describe your horrible experience; LV has really started to pay more attention to customer feedback and would not only take your incident very seriously, but most likely provide assistance in having your repairs done in a reasonable and timely manner.
Thank you for your advice , that's what I'm going to do because I really feel bad that I've been treated like that ... I hope the costumer service will be able to help me so I can repair my wallet ...

Hey guys today I went to Louis Vuitton's Bond Street store to give my wallet for repair, as you can see on the pictures my wallet needs to be stitched on a certain area where you place the money notes. When I asked the sales assistant who is in charge of the repairs said with almost not having a look on my wallet that it might not be fixed and if they fix it they will have to do master restitching which costs around 60-100 pounds and send it to France and continued saying that it might be destroyed, also she gave me back the wallet without even waiting for me to answer if I'm willing to pay that amount and have my wallet repaired. After that I asked her how much will it cost me to change the pull (expecting that she would say that it's free as I've seen on the forum) and she answered 20 pounds, of course I didn't give my wallet for repair and I will try another store here in London otherwise I'll take it with me to Greece and I will give it for repair at the Athens store which has great sales assistants that are very helpful.

View attachment 3160471View attachment 3160472

Without having witnessed how the SA spoke to you then that is a wallet that may well be beyond repair in all honesty and would definitely need to go back to France so you will be without it for a few weeks if you decide to repair. But try the Royal Exchange store and see what they say.

Without having witnessed how the SA spoke to you then that is a wallet that may well be beyond repair in all honesty and would definitely need to go back to France so you will be without it for a few weeks if you decide to repair. But try the Royal Exchange store and see what they say.
Thank you for your advice , I will definitely try the royal exchange store then.

I am not quite sure why the help in these high end stores can be so snobby..so bizarre. Hasn't anyone heard of being nice? It helps people to spend more!

Actually... There was a scientific study done about a year or two ago that demonstrated people buy more when high-end stores employees are rude. It was a fascinating article! I posted about it on TPF but I can't retrieve it now.

Anyway, I haven't had any real issue with SAs at Louis Vuitton, but one of the men SAs at Gucci Cannes is extremely rude and pretentious. I purposely go and purchase stuff there when he is NOT in the men department.

I just came back from the New Bond Street store and I think we must have spoken to the same person. She was rude and arrogant, and it was like I was a child being told off. There was an issue with a bag I had and she basically said it was all in my head, I went back downstairs talked to a manager, they agreed that the bag was faulty and replaced it.

View attachment 3160471View attachment 3160472
Hello,

I apologize that you were treated that well. Louis Vuitton did me the same way and that's why I'm no longer a customer. Purchase Gucci, MCM or another brand that stands by their products.