Louis Vuitton as a Gym Bag?

Jun 18, 2008
Ok this is weird. I was at the gym today and I noticed a guy carrying a gym bag which looked kind of nice (I usually don't oggle gym bags). Then when he walked past me I noticed the strap said Louis on it; then I saw Louis Vuitton on the side of the bag. As far as I could tell, it was a Damier Geant Albatros. Then he pulled his water bottle out of it and just chucked the bag on the ground where it slid into the corner:wtf:. I was like "WTF" if you were to use a gym bag why couldn't you just use a $20 bag from Nike instead of a $1,000 bag from LV? I wanted to slap him. But then to make myself feel better, I just got to telling myself, he's probably using a fake bag.

Tbh...no matter how much it costs, it's still just a bag. To each his own, I guess. Personally, I wouldn't throw my Lv around like that, but other's might not have that attitude. I always find it funny that a lot of people automatically assume something's fake just because you don't coddle it like a child.

Reactions: kveerara
Tbh...no matter how much it costs, it's still just a bag. To each his own, I guess. Personally, I wouldn't throw my Lv around like that, but other's might not have that attitude. I always find it funny that a lot of people automatically assume something's fake just because you don't coddle it like a child.

EXACTLY. It's so funny that these people think it's fake because they don't baby their bags. Whenever I see someone mistreat an Authentic designer bag, I always think about TPF. I remember I saw a Vietnamese woman stuff her Mono Speedy 30 with groceries and a Vietnamese sandwich inside it. LOL.

If a TPF'r saw that, I can imagine an uproar like this topic here. Seriously.
So what if someone mistreats an LV/Burberry/Coach/Chanel bag, it's their bag and not our business. Honestly.

Honestly, the Damier Geant is made out of the same material as climing ropes - it's waterproof and extremely strong :yes: And it's just a bag, what's wrong with using it? How is it any different than using it as luggage?

must admit.... i was forced to check my azure keepall 55. the airline abused it and its been my yoga bag from that day forward.

i am currently looking for a mercer- the discontinued vernis version of the keepall but slightly smaller- to use as a gym bag as well.

IF I went to the gym and IF I could afford to use an LV as a gym bag I would :tup:

Lol.. Me too..
Also, when I visit my friends at Georgetown Univ. in DC, I see lots of students using designer bags for tennis, gym, and school bags. If you've got the cash why not? I don't have the cash but if I went to a gym, I think I'd buy a used LV to carry too just because I love them so much.:yes: