Louis Vuitton and the grocery store

Mar 2, 2008
Hi everyone,

I didn't see a thread like this already. Mods if this exists, please delete! Do any of you take your LVs to the grocery store? Do you line your carts with a plastic bag before placing in the cart? Sometimes I take my speedy with me, but the so heavy on my arm! I am afraid to put it in the cart because of dirt and because of it getting stolen! I have had my cart taken from me before! Completely full of groceries and I turn my back to find it gone! Luckily, I didn't have my purse in the cart!

I take my bags everywhere and they go right into the cart. I don't baby my bags. They are meant to be used and enjoyed. I don't worry about anyone taking my bag. I have 4 kids and therefore "hawk vision". LOL.

Yes, I take my LV bags with me but only if it's a shoulder bag. Right now I'm using my Delightful everyday so I take it with me everywhere I go and I don't take it off my shoulder so I don't have to set it down.

line the cart with a plastic bag before you put the bag down? it's just a bag, use it, get it a bit dirty, it'll be just fine. tables and other surfaces in your home have probably ten times more germs and dirt... do you avoid putting it down at home? :amuse:

I never baby my bags... They are meant to be used!! And most of them still look new! I don't have time to line carts with a plastic bag!! Life is too short.

That multicolore Trouville's so cute, SpeedyJC!

OP, I don't put my Speedys or Métis in the cart as I usually need all the space in it. A carton of eggs often goes on that grocery cart seat. LOL :biggrin:

I put all my bags in the shopping cart, however I make sure I always have my hand on the cart or my eyes on the cart at all times. If I can't do that then I carry my bag.
Sometimes I will put my reusable shopping bag down and then place my bag on top of that instead of directly on the shopping cart. It keeps my bag cleaner and is a place to stash my shopping bag.

I take my Mick MM with me every week to the grocery store...its a cross body so I never have to set it in the cart.

And SOMETIMES...yes...SOMETIMES I use my Mick MM as my grocery bag. I throw some baby carrots in there, chives, cottage cheese, a bottle of wine and a box chocolate almonds. Works like a charm!

I rarely leave my bags in the cart but i just toss it in the cart sans plastic liner if i do. Life is way too short to baby my bags thay way. Of course no offense to those who do baby their bags in such a way.

If my mom can be fine to place a Artsy on a shopping cart, you sure can to. :smile:
But if keeping the leather trimming pristine is important to maintaining, don't use monogram with vachetta trims. Consider DE or another designer bag, or a cheap bag.