Louis Vuitton and the grocery store

1. The Nordstrom Anniversary Sale 2019 Early Access is now open to Nordstrom card members! Please support TPF by using this link before shopping the sale. We're also giving away eight $200 gift cards to 8 lucky TPFers during the duration of the NAS! Find out more...
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Hi everyone,

I didn't see a thread like this already. Mods if this exists, please delete! Do any of you take your LVs to the grocery store? Do you line your carts with a plastic bag before placing in the cart? Sometimes I take my speedy with me, but the so heavy on my arm! I am afraid to put it in the cart because of dirt and because of it getting stolen! I have had my cart taken from me before! Completely full of groceries and I turn my back to find it gone! Luckily, I didn't have my purse in the cart!

2. I take my bags everywhere and they go right into the cart. I don't baby my bags. They are meant to be used and enjoyed. I don't worry about anyone taking my bag. I have 4 kids and therefore "hawk vision". LOL.

3. Yes, I take my LV bags with me but only if it's a shoulder bag. Right now I'm using my Delightful everyday so I take it with me everywhere I go and I don't take it off my shoulder so I don't have to set it down.

4. line the cart with a plastic bag before you put the bag down? it's just a bag, use it, get it a bit dirty, it'll be just fine. tables and other surfaces in your home have probably ten times more germs and dirt... do you avoid putting it down at home? :amuse:

5. I take mine all the time. I don't ever put my purse in the cart, too easy for people to grab it and take off or reach in and take a wallet.

6. Yep my LV's go to store with me all the time. Here is my trouville;

Attached Files:

7. I never baby my bags... They are meant to be used!! And most of them still look new! I don't have time to line carts with a plastic bag!! Life is too short.

8. That multicolore Trouville's so cute, SpeedyJC!

OP, I don't put my Speedys or Métis in the cart as I usually need all the space in it. A carton of eggs often goes on that grocery cart seat. LOL :biggrin:

9. They aren't meant to be babied that much. Use it and enjoy it

10. I put all my bags in the shopping cart, however I make sure I always have my hand on the cart or my eyes on the cart at all times. If I can't do that then I carry my bag.
    Sometimes I will put my reusable shopping bag down and then place my bag on top of that instead of directly on the shopping cart. It keeps my bag cleaner and is a place to stash my shopping bag.

11. Got my list. Anyone willing to run to Kroger's for me? ❤️😀😀😀

12. I take my Mick MM with me every week to the grocery store...its a cross body so I never have to set it in the cart.

And SOMETIMES...yes...SOMETIMES I use my Mick MM as my grocery bag. I throw some baby carrots in there, chives, cottage cheese, a bottle of wine and a box chocolate almonds. Works like a charm!

13. I rarely leave my bags in the cart but i just toss it in the cart sans plastic liner if i do. Life is way too short to baby my bags thay way. Of course no offense to those who do baby their bags in such a way.

14. If my mom can be fine to place a Artsy on a shopping cart, you sure can to. :smile:
    But if keeping the leather trimming pristine is important to maintaining, don't use monogram with vachetta trims. Consider DE or another designer bag, or a cheap bag.

15. If it looks clean enough in the cart I will put it in, no plastic.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice